Air actuated no limits swaybar disco

Evil

That was my understanding.

Apparently Evil knows something you and I don't.

Let me try to explain this as per what I was told and my reason for going this route.

On my 2013, when the sway bar is unlocked, obviously it would swing freely, but it would get to a certain spot up top and stop, same on the downward side. I didn't get into specifics on the phone regarding the stock bar but I did explain what I was experiencing with the stock sway bar and asked the no limits would fix this. I was told it would.

Now, I don't work for EVO and Im not a Jeep engineer but I can only speculate on this as I have no clue the truth behind it. Any help and facts would be greatly appreciated.
On the newer years, did Jeep make it so that the sway bar disconnects but still limits its travel? Possible the older ones do this too?
If you look at the stock actuator and in the gear case, it has 2 different spots, one for the disconnect pin and the other to limit once the gears disengage?

I will post some pics later on on what I mean, unlocked sway bar only moves so far VS with the no limits installed.

If your in the know, post up so we can all learn. I am only going off of what I was told by a reputable source, and not some sales man trying to sell the latest and greatest or 200 opinions read on the inter-webs.

I am also going to ask that anyone willing to do a test on this, please help out and post results. Disconnect your sway bar, remove a link and see how far you can rotate the sway bar. I'm thinking older Jeeps as well as 2013+.

Evil

I have to assume that caused some serious constipation issues. Did they pass fairly easily?

I wasn't going to say shit :dont_tell:

Check this out though. This is not the actual pic of the sway bar but just for reference. I need to dig through my old phone to find pics of when it was stock and starting to put the lift on but same point.

The stock sway bar would only go this far and stop.
IMG_0151.jpg

Now that the air line is hooked up and it works as I hoped, the sway bar does not stop any where.
IMG_0149.jpg
IMG_0148.jpg

JAGS

Hooked
I wasn't going to say shit :dont_tell:

Check this out though. This is not the actual pic of the sway bar but just for reference. I need to dig through my old phone to find pics of when it was stock and starting to put the lift on but same point.

The stock sway bar would only go this far and stop.
View attachment 219463

Now that the air line is hooked up and it works as I hoped, the sway bar does not stop any where.
View attachment 219464
View attachment 219465

So, what "stops" travel....bump stop and limit straps? If the stock bar limited on the up swing, without that stop there, the bar does a complete loop?

Maybe in not understanding the geometry and dynamics at work hear, but this thread has been informative to say the least.

Evil

So, what "stops" travel....bump stop and limit straps? If the stock bar limited on the up swing, without that stop there, the bar does a complete loop?

Maybe in not understanding the geometry and dynamics at work hear, but this thread has been informative to say the least.

Don't know. Trying to figure that one out myself. Dealer didn't know either. My issue and the reason I went with the EVO disco was because my suspension travel was limited by the sway bar. The syspension would only flex so far before the sway bar stopped it from achieving full travel.

Moochie

Don't know. Trying to figure that one out myself. Dealer didn't know either. My issue and the reason I went with the EVO disco was because my suspension travel was limited by the sway bar. The syspension would only flex so far before the sway bar stopped it from achieving full travel.

My sway bar disconnect has always worked just fine. Never once has it kept me from not having full travel. Nobody I know with a Rubicon has had issues with not achieving full travel.

ttfhell

How is the sway bar limiting your flex? Links too short at full droop?

Evil

How is the sway bar limiting your flex? Links too short at full droop?

When the sway bar was disconnected, it would swing up as normal then stop, like it hit a internal stopper or something. Not touching any part of the frame, links are good. It did this with the links connected and just by unlocking it, removing the link and moving the sway bar by hand. It hit that certain position and just stopped.

Moochie

When the sway bar was disconnected, it would swing up as normal then stop, like it hit a internal stopper or something. Not touching any part of the frame, links are good. It did this with the links connected and just by unlocking it, removing the link and moving the sway bar by hand. It hit that certain position and just stopped.

The sway bar moves down when disconnected.

Moochie

I get it but go look at the other side. Droop, down travel or the likes the sway bar will point and go down but the up travel on the other side, the sway bar is going up.

I've never had a problem with my sway bar restricting my up travel. I'll take a look at it next time I can.

Evil

I've never had a problem with my sway bar restricting my up travel. I'll take a look at it next time I can.

And you totally should not just like mine should of worked.
According to the dealer it unlocked, didn't throw a code, the switch turned it on and off, so it was fine.
According to me messing with it for the last 3 months and a few calls to the boss at EVO, shit wasn't right! But its all good now. It unlocks and swings up and down with nothing stopping it. I will try to get to a place with a lift and flex it out again like Mel had me do and I'm willing to bet its good now.

ttfhell

I get it but go look at the other side. Droop, down travel or the likes the sway bar will point and go down but the up travel on the other side, the sway bar is going up. When disconnected the sway bar should move both up and down freely.

Lol that Moochie needed an explanation.

Moochie

Sway bar links look too short and good chance of the sway bar flipping which is not good.

It might look short but, I have wheeled along side this JK (not mine) all over the country and it has never had a problem with over rotating the sway bar link.

Top Bottom