NEW Jeep Truck Photos on Car & Driver

dcbjk

Caught the Bug
I'm actually digging it some id drive it for sure they still keeping the manual tranny as an option

redman333

I really hope it has a removable top though. Otherwise it won't be as fun. Especially if they keep the removable doors as an option.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That looks pretty legit or at least, a pretty good representation of what we might be able to see both on the new truck if it actually happens as well as the JL. Looks good but I wish it wouldn't look so much like a JK.

This! That rear window on the truck is stupid too.

JAGS

Hooked
I'm not a huge fan if for no other reason than it looks like a wrangler conversion.

As for the style elements, I read an article quoting a jeep designer (can't recall name) that it would be highly unlikely for a production vehicle to have a stamped tailgate. Just too costly from a Q/C perspective. The rear window is interesting. On the red truck it almost looks as if the roof is separate over the front and rear passengers. Removing that section and the window, could possibly be a "topless" option with that rear rear section concealing a rollbar/cage.

All speculation I suppose until the actual truck is released.

devwil68

Damn that thing is ugly as shit. At least until it's modified out the ass.

I don't know that I'd say that it's ugly, because I like the basic form of the jeep. But you're exactly right! Anything looks "ugly" until it's modified!

This thing rolling around 3 1/2 inch lift and 37s at a minimum...nice and wide, would look sick!

Point made below! Thanks Bruiser!
ATTACH]195475[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459465615.496435.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1459465615.496435.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 294

Ddays

Hooked
April fools photoshop. Rear doors not tinted but hatch is. Hatch weatherstripping won't clear bed cover.

Nah, April Fools was last month - story about some bazilionaire building a car that runs on Apricot pits. :cheesy:

devwil68

I finally made it home and had a chance to look at these.

Photoshop junk....look at the difference in length of bed between the blue and red behind the rear fenders. The Red is significantly longer.

Jegar

I just hope it doesn't end up anything like the concept truck displayed at ESJ -- a PLASTIC-y truck with space-age grill/front. Yuck!!!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I'd drive it. Not quite the 'Brute' I was hoping for but I still like it. The wife is already looking for a Jeep of her own, and this should come out right around the time were looking to buy a new vehicle for her. She's already agreed if it's a 4 door truck, it will be her next vehicle.

Brute

Hooked
If I could guess, this was a good photoshop and the back window of a hard top was just used.

I agree with Eddie...the hinges makes me think this is a photoshop deal...

fyi...if they go with a similar top to the brute, you can take it off...it's just a bit more work than a jk...

Ddays

Hooked
Ya, I am in agreement now. At first glance this looked like a done deal. The hinges are a clear indication of photoshopping.

Top Bottom