Let's See Your JK Weapon Mounts

I wasn't going to post these pictures, but since it might give others ideas, I doubt the risk is too great. I built a permanently installed carpeted cover over the back cargo area so I could keep my trauma kit and 2 totes full of trail gear out of sight, and added a hidden gun compartment behind the back seat. These pictures aren't great, as this was right after the build and I had not yet vacuumed the carpet to get all the sawdust off.

With the seat folded down:

With the door opened:

Mossberg 500 with stock that folds over the top on bottom, with an AR on the top. This compartment also holds 500 rounds of 223 (including four 30 round magazines that are ready to go), 300 rounds of 45 ACP and several boxes of double OO and slugs for the Mossberg. Still need to install the electric latches on each side to add security, but no one every knows this is a compartment, even when the look under the deck in the cargo area. The door is a tight fit, and I stuff a tool bag on each side on top of the fenders that must be removed to open the door, so not real concerned about it being discovered by someone wanting a 5 figure discount.

The STI 1911 that's always on my hip is just to get me to this compartment if things get really ugly, but it's unlikely this will ever happen. These are just tools for particular situations, just like the welding system on one of the totes in the back. I hope I never need any of it...

Sneaky sneaky! Thats really cool... Any way you could post up a pic from the back of the jeep looking in?

WJCO

Meme King
Finally made a gun mount for my 500 Magnum. I've been wanting to do this for awhile, but the gun is so heavy that I wanted to make sure the mount would hold it securely, especially offroad. I purchased a holster that was made for it, cut a slit in the dash for the belt clip to hang on, then finished it up with a couple of zip ties to hold it in place. Easy to get out and it doesn't hit my leg while driving.

DSC04230.JPG

DSC04231.JPG

ZIP TIES::

DSC04232.JPG

DSC04233.JPG

DSC04234.JPG

Last edited:
I have the Condition Zero setup. Perfect for when I'm driving. Easy draw and doesn't hit my leg. Picture went sideways.

They have rifle setups for when the doors are off and a rack for the rear seats.

Looking at the mounting of the Condition Zero, does anyone have experience with one in conjunction with the underseat locking storage? Can you use them together or does that top mounting arm get on the way?

davidc128

Has any soft top guys tried mounting between the sound bar and the top... my 1911 and holster fits now I just gotta find a way to mount it

Strodinator

Caught the Bug
Has any soft top guys tried mounting between the sound bar and the top... my 1911 and holster fits now I just gotta find a way to mount it
Way back I think I saw a guy use the double adhesive velcro strips if you aren't worried about it being out. Same guy also made a lockbox, similar to an under seat one, and mounted it on top. It barely fit.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app

davidc128

Way back I think I saw a guy use the double adhesive velcro strips if you aren't worried about it being out. Same guy also made a lockbox, similar to an under seat one, and mounted it on top. It barely fit.

Sent from my Life One X2 using WAYALIFE mobile app
I like the Velcro idea just not to crazy bout sticking all that adhesive on my jeep... I'm kinda leaning towards using magnets or even use all-thread through the hole in the sound bar to a holste

davidc128

this is what I came up... old hip holster tied with paracord surprisingly solid mount well see how it holds up over time

Update: leather holster did hold very well would slide out on rough road or sharp turns... upgraded to a black hawk retention holster the screws that hold the paddle onto the holster are 8/32... I bought a 12" 8/32 rod and went thru the hardtop screw hole in the sound bar... WAAAAY better super happy with this mount!!

Attachments

• 20171102_115059%7E2.jpg
    20171102_115059%7E2.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 301
  • 20171102_115701%7E2.jpg
    20171102_115701%7E2.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 304
Last edited:

Arrcherr

Caught the Bug
It's even more difficult for us lefties. Not much to mount to on the left side :grayno:
I've got a couple different serpa holsters depending on what was needed for work. I just did a Google image search for car mount ideas for them and there are a bunch of really cool options. The plate on the back can make it really easy to get the best angle for a clean draw and the quick release makes it easy to completely remove it. Might be worth checking out

Top Bottom