Fluid film

Bluewillys

Has anyone ever used this stuff? I'd like to avoid oil undercoating because it's expensive and sometimes doesn't work that well. Any thoughts or alternatives will be appriciated. I live in Vermont and don't want my Jeep to rust.

double J

I use it. It has a smell to it. It definitely stops rust. You can buy it and put in a spray gun, or buy aerosol cans. Grainger ,Lowe's and Amazon sells it. Definitely coverup with throw away clothes. You need to reapply occasionally.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Used it on my coilovers this winter. Worked great! Plan on using it on my jeep more often

Bluewillys

I use it. It has a smell to it. It definitely stops rust. You can buy it and put in a spray gun, or buy aerosol cans. Grainger ,Lowe's and Amazon sells it. Definitely coverup with throw away clothes. You need to reapply occasionally.

How often do you reapply? Also how many spraycans do you use per coat?

double J

2 or 3 first application then touch up as needed or new season. At end of season I use hot pressure washer to remove dirty film, or salt. Then reapply fluid film. Read more post first to make sure you want to use it. You would really need to clean it off if you later decided in going another route. ( degreaser and pressure washer) It is safer for the environment than oil though.

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I used it for the first time this winter. It definitely helped. I mainly noticed that it's stays a lot longer then most other products.

j3ph3ry_j33p

I've used FluidFilm on my '11 since I bought new & have never known rust or cracked-bushing. It has a smell you won't forget- not necessarily bad but strong and unique like an animal shampoo or something - that makes you feel like you are in a barn or at a 4-H exhibit at the state fairgrounds but you will know no rust if you coat your underside with this awesome stuff.
I buy three cans a year off interwebz and both the JKUr and the '95 XJ have undersides fully slathered in it year round. Again, rustless and bushings look new on everything. Wipe it off if working on a particular part or area then reapply when finished. I have turned many peolple on to this and they, too, swear by it now. Try it..... super important to apply to a well cleaned whatever.

Top Bottom