Evo bolt on coilover install

upnover

Yup found them. Thanks for the help. Will get them installed. I need to adjust the stop rings, so will get it all done.

ChaosNein

And this is supposed to be normal? It took out a lot of the bow by tightening them up. It's at about 3" of lift currently .

NO! as i said, you need to add preload to the coil-over. you have them set too low and they are not designed for that. proper setup is important to ensure the coil-over is working properly. 3.5" of lift is about as low as they can be set and still function properly.

but they are yours, so you can run them any way you want to.

Last edited:

upnover

Mine are rock solid the way they are.

So are mine. Not sure why I worry, I only had one clamp on my resi shocks before and this one is not moving because of the resi line too.

I will grab some pictures to get your all critique on my install.

Few things I didn't use front shock relocate bracket, already had synergies, same thing. Bump stops and sway bars, as the ones I have already work.

I still need to flex it out for clearance as I just finished installing the other day.

xflstl

Make sure you adjust the two silver timing rings are about a half inch above the slider. That should quiet them down.

What is the best way to go about this? Mine need adjusted down a good distance.

Sent from my SCH-I605

MTG

Caught the Bug
NO! as i said, you need to add preload to the coil-over. you have them set too low and they are not designed for that. proper setup is important to ensure the coil-over is working properly. 3.5" of lift is about as low as they can be set and still function properly.

:cheesy:

JArnold

I added preload to them and it helped quiet them down a lot! I will lift them up more as soon as my rears get here.

Thanks for your help....

upnover

Sent from my SCH-I605

Good question, I would like to know this too, if anyone has some pointers.

Couple pictures of mine. My rear c/o maybe has one turn from the top of the shock(cannot see in pic), but it doesn't look like I have a lot of shaft showing. Not sure if that is normal.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

JArnold

Anyone have an instructions for the rear coilovers? They are on the way and I would like to check em out before they get here.

dchew

Caught the Bug

Sent from my SCH-I605

I'm sure there is a more elegant way, but I just tap the bottom ring until loose, then spin it all the way down to 1/2" above the slider. Then spin the top one down and tap it tight.

Obviously do this on level ground, not when testing your flex. :)

Dave

Top Bottom