Evo bolt on coilover install

dchew

Caught the Bug
They won't solve your problem. You will still have just as much flex when the air bump is bottomed out. It will just soften the jolt. You need to add bumpstop.

You do have some flexibility on where to set the King bump stops though, which in effect gives you more bumpstop as you suggest. Mine are as high as possible, but could go down maybe an inch.

Dave

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
The bump was barely touching it. You Gotta love this EVO LCG Coilover kit! Tons of flex!

This is the best picture I have of mine with the same bump stops. 3 pucks, foam is all the way compressed, and I cleared the frame by maybe a ½". It's close. Maybe it's your drag link?

Attachments

• 1425739400473.jpg
    1425739400473.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 418

SFNick

This is the best picture I have of mine with the same bump stops. 3 pucks, foam is all the way compressed, and I cleared the frame by maybe a ½". It's close. Maybe it's your drag link?

Maybe so. It's a Synergy 1-3/8" Drag Link. Which one do you have?

Sharkey

Word Ninja
They won't solve your problem. You will still have just as much flex when the air bump is bottomed out. It will just soften the jolt. You need to add bumpstop.

I don't believe that is true, but I could certainly be wrong. Plus, as stated above, there is some ability to change the bump height based on how you mount the air bump.

I don't believe that is true, but I could certainly be wrong. Plus, as stated above, there is some ability to change the bump height based on how you mount the air bump.

It is true there is some adjustability but only so much. I really don't think that there is enough to solve the problem but I might be wrong.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
It is true there is some adjustability but only so much. I really don't think that there is enough to solve the problem but I might be wrong.

You could be right. The more I think about it, the more I recall that I'm thinking about what happens if you add the air bumps to the enforcer King 2.5 piggyback setup. If memory serves, doing so reduces overall up travel by at least one inch. It could be totally different with the bolt-on coilovers.

MTG

Caught the Bug
You could be right. The more I think about it, the more I recall that I'm thinking about what happens if you add the air bumps to the enforcer King 2.5 piggyback setup. If memory serves, doing so reduces overall up travel by at least one inch. It could be totally different with the bolt-on coilovers.

False.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Well. There you have it. What was the issue I was remembering then? It was something you told me about the difference between the 2.5's and coilovers.

That was the issue. Turns out it was bad info...Piginajeep was giving out bad info at the time. Typical. ;)

Rubicon john

How did you run the brake lines with the coilovers? The instructions don't describe where to run them.

I can see the lines being able to be routed behind or in front of the coilover. Pics would be very helpful.

Thanks

Top Bottom