Evo bolt on coilover install

Asinine

My EVO bolt-ons are arriving today, reading about the install has been really informative. What control arms are y'all running with this kit?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Question: if you guys only had the money to buy either the front or the rear bolt on's due to finances which one would you choose first?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Question: if you guys only had the money to buy either the front or the rear bolt on's due to finances which one would you choose first?

Neither. I'd put my money to more pressing uses. That's just my :twocents:

Edit: That's probably not what you wanted to hear. I'd do front first then rears.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Edit: That's probably not what you wanted to hear. I'd do front first then rears.

it was more of a dreaming question. my more pressing issue is my d30 lol

any reason for doing the fronts first?

JK's JK

Banned

I just talked with EVO mfg about what comes in the CO kit. After getting my answer on that, I asked what is first the front or the rear. His answer is the front first as well. I tried to get a narrowed down answer why the front instead of the rear. Is it the understanding that your front end drops first so you have more points of contact?

HDGasser

My EVO bolt-ons are arriving today, reading about the install has been really informative. What control arms are y'all running with this kit?

I'm running metal cloak arms.

Have fun with the install! I'm still waiting for my front but did the rears a couple days ago.

It's no "quick n easy slap em in job". If you have a lift it will be 100x's easier/quicker.

I did the rears in about 6hrs rolling around on the floor. Instructions aren't all that great, the pics Mechengineer2 dude posted on JKF are a nice reference point. And you'll find out quickly some things need to be done in a certain order for it all to go together right.

My .02... Remove the calipers to make room to cut for the rockstars, and don't put them back on till AFTER you put the new brake line on the caliper.

And don't tighten up the hardware on top of the CO till it's bolted to the frame. And don't tighten the body mounts on the upper supports till you have the coilovers in so the longer bolts line up thru the top.

Good luck!

Running Currie front lower control arms on my rig.

The first thing I'd recommend with anyone installing this list at home, don't get overwhelmed. Take your time and go step by step. The install is pretty straightforward.

Post pics after you get them installed! :cool:

TrailReady

Caught the Bug
Running Currie front lower control arms on my rig.

The first thing I'd recommend with anyone installing this list at home, don't get overwhelmed. Take your time and go step by step. The install is pretty straightforward.

Post pics after you get them installed! :cool:

I assisted in the install with my brother and it's really not that bad at all. To put things in perspective... It was the first suspension kit he or I had ever installed on a Jeep. We installed my EVO Enforcer kit a few months later, which at that point felt like child's play.

Asinine

I'm running metal cloak arms.

Have fun with the install! I'm still waiting for my front but did the rears a couple days ago.

It's no "quick n easy slap em in job". If you have a lift it will be 100x's easier/quicker.

I did the rears in about 6hrs rolling around on the floor. Instructions aren't all that great, the pics Mechengineer2 dude posted on JKF are a nice reference point. And you'll find out quickly some things need to be done in a certain order for it all to go together right.

My .02... Remove the calipers to make room to cut for the rockstars, and don't put them back on till AFTER you put the new brake line on the caliper.

And don't tighten up the hardware on top of the CO till it's bolted to the frame. And don't tighten the body mounts on the upper supports till you have the coilovers in so the longer bolts line up thru the top.

Good luck!
How's the EVO + MC combo working for you? I'm torn between MC arms or long arms....

I've gathered a lot of install info about the EVO bolt-ons in threads like this and your comments about the kit are consistent with others. Fortunately, my JK isn't my DD, so I can be meticulous about the install. Thanks for sharing the additional details, much appreciated!

HDGasser

How's the EVO + MC combo working for you? I'm torn between MC arms or long arms....

I've gathered a lot of install info about the EVO bolt-ons in threads like this and your comments about the kit are consistent with others. Fortunately, my JK isn't my DD, so I can be meticulous about the install. Thanks for sharing the additional details, much appreciated!

Uhh honestly I don't know yet lol, still sittin on jack stands waiting for the front C/o's and my ProRock.

I've got kind of a bastard lift deal goin on in the rear of this thing... MC arms, Full Traction CRC link & Evo Bolt on's.

So far it cycles smooth when I pulled the springs so I guess well see what happens!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Do these coil overs come charged or do you need to take them to a shop to get some nitrogen?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
Uhh honestly I don't know yet lol, still sittin on jack stands waiting for the front C/o's and my ProRock.

I've got kind of a bastard lift deal goin on in the rear of this thing... MC arms, Full Traction CRC link & Evo Bolt on's.

So far it cycles smooth when I pulled the springs so I guess well see what happens!

Did you check the CRC at full drop, at a certain point the heims will go full bind. Curious if the arms clear the coilovers as well.

upnover

I run both and it works well. I may go long arm next year. I havent been able to dial in everything yet, its a slow process for me to get time on the jeep.

Top Bottom