Evo bolt on coilover install

SFNick

I know you already have the rock stars, but the high clearance weld on lower mounts would give you just a little more flexibility on positioning the coil overs. You might want to discuss that option with them too. Or just get the EVO Lever! :)

I'm going to look into those high clearance mounts! Sounds like that would work but hate to gamble with that much money!

Can you still use the factory shock hole location and just cut the brackets off? To Evo bracket goes on top the existing shock mounting location.

I think I could but I was concerned about the integrity of the factory upper mount since I cut it up quite a bit. Do you have any pics of how the rear upper mount attaches?

upnover

I don't, you have to remove the body mount bolts and separate the body from the frame to get the plate in between. The mount also has a bolt that runs through frame and attaches to the mount.

I thought with synergy you just trim the portion so the bracket can sit flush and bolt to the existing shock mounts?

SFNick

I thought with synergy you just trim the portion so the bracket can sit flush and bolt to the existing shock mounts?

That's pretty much it. I pretty much cut the front of the factory mount off. I don't know if that does anything to affect its strength or not. But from your description it would seem like the EVO mount would be more than enough to reinforce it.

dchew

Caught the Bug
I found a pick of the upper bracket from my build thread. It is not bolted in but pretty close to the final position.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425096958.562297.jpg

SFNick

Thanks for the pic. It looks like it won't fit with the other bracket. I'm just going to order the kit & see if it will mount to the bracket I have if it won't then I'll cute it off & weld up the EVO bracket. I was tossing around the ideal of ordering a couple 12" 2.0 King coilovers with the external Bypass to give me a little more room to play with on adjustments. I think the piggyback will cause me problems with my current bracket.

Torqt JK

I apologize if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what the difference between the bolt on coilovers and the enforcer pro stage 1 coilovers? Are they the same?

I'm currently running the enforcer 4" lift w/ king 2.5. I know adjustability and ride quality is huge improvement with the coilovers compared to plush springs, but what about travel?

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
I apologize if this has been discussed already, but does anyone know what the difference between the bolt on coilovers and the enforcer pro stage 1 coilovers? Are they the same?

I'm currently running the enforcer 4" lift w/ king 2.5. I know adjustability and ride quality is huge improvement with the coilovers compared to plush springs, but what about travel?

Same, just in a package deal

Yeep

I'm in the same boat with the same lift... I called ORE and talked to them about it..They said I probably would not notice any on road improvement with the Coilovers and the plush rides with kings 2.5's actually may ride a little better on road, but would gain adjustability and a little offroad improvement.

After talking to them for a while, I ended up staying with my current lift (for now until I get bored and want to do something like the dtd)

But I would like to hear from anyone that has went from the enforcer to bolt in coilovers and what they thought

Torqt JK

I'm in the same boat with the same lift... I called ORE and talked to them about it..They said I probably would not notice any on road improvement with the Coilovers and the plush rides with kings 2.5's actually may ride a little better on road, but would gain adjustability and a little offroad improvement.

After talking to them for a while, I ended up staying with my current lift (for now until I get bored and want to do something like the dtd)

But I would like to hear from anyone that has went from the enforcer to bolt in coilovers and what they thought

Did ORE say anything about the travel differences between the two?

JAGS

Hooked

Yup. It's the 6 of one, half dozen of the other argument. I went back and forth for a while when first purchasing. Went with the EVO ENF as realistically most of my driving will be pavement. :grayno:

The 2.5s is actually a longer shock. Straight "travel" is not that different. Articulation will differ slightly as that is the benefit of the CO vs spring/shock. For more detail than my interpretation, you should give KING a call as I'm sure they can go through all the options they have. :thumb:

Torqt JK

Yup. It's the 6 of one, half dozen of the other argument. I went back and forth for a while when first purchasing. Went with the EVO ENF as realistically most of my driving will be pavement. :grayno:

The 2.5s is actually a longer shock. Straight "travel" is not that different. Articulation will differ slightly as that is the benefit of the CO vs spring/shock. For more detail than my interpretation, you should give KING a call as I'm sure they can go through all the options they have. :thumb:

Thanks Jags, think I'm good with the Enforcer for now. DTD if I hit the lottery.

MTG

Caught the Bug

I don't recall exactly, but it's right around 2" (maybe a bit less). I looked at this hard at one point, but the incremental gain wasn't worth the cost IMHO. The bolt-ons are actually a smaller shock than the King 2.5" and thus, technically weaker. I'd stick with what you got. Now, the DTD is a whole different story. :)

SFNick

I noticed today that my draglink was hitting the frame at full passenger stuff. I have a flip kit & I'm running the recommended 3 inches of bump stop. What else can I do to fix this besides adding more bump? Thanks.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1425671079.011261.jpg

Top Bottom