20" Wheels? Why?

Dalton gang

As mentioned, 20" wheels are nice to have with a set of 40's :yup:

main.php

How are they with 35s?, im asking because i can trade my stock 17s with spacers for them. I woul eventually go to 37s but wonder how they would do off road with the 35s or 37s .

Draconianwinter

I would think 20 inch wheels would leave way to little sidewall with 35s. Not to mention the cost of the tire for that size wheel would be way more

OhNoTheJiggies

There is NOTHING wrong with a 35" tire on a 17" wheel and if anything, you will have LESS sidewall flex. This is awesome on off camber obstacles and if you like to drive hard and fast across the desert. As far as back spacing goes, you will want 4.5" or less to help clear 12.50 wide tires. If you run 13.50 wide tires, I would look at 4" of back spacing or less.

What kind of back spacing do you run with your 20s with 40" tires?

KYRubi

I have 2 sets of wheels and tires. The trail set is 37X12.50R17 Trail Grapplers on steel beadlocks. Aired down to about 8 PSI on the trails they are amazing. On the road, not so much. For on the road, I have a set of 37X12.50R20 MT ATZ P3 tires on 20" Rugged Ridge wheels. They ride smoother and more quietly, and handle considerably better. I kind of doubt that the majority of the people you run into with 20" wheels on a Jeep are doing what I'm doing, but obviously some of us are.

IMG_0562_zpsfcbwvimi.jpg

50ddb7c0-f094-4913-8793-237e3d101da5_zpshxyvppr0.jpg

And yes, these actually are the same Jeep. It gets changed around all the time.

Top Bottom