Is this a Dana 60?

tANNERRRR

Can someone tell me from these pictures if this is a Dana 44 or a Dana 60 please? Seller claims it is GenRight Dana 60 but I can't find anywhere online that sells GenRight sells their own Dana 60 axles.

00S0S_1LTSQzG0Q5O_600x450.jpg

01414_jwXu5JhVqA_600x450.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
Looks like a Rock Jock to me, and I don't think they make a rear 44, only a rear 60 but I could be wrong. However, IMO, that axle looks a little small for a 60. What kind of vehicle is it off of?

tANNERRRR

Aren't Rock Jocks angled though? This doesn't have have that offset like most Rock Jocks I see. This is on a 99 XJ. Not sure what vehicle/where it came before it was put on here.

The ad also claims the suspension is linked...if it were linked wouldn't it have the truss across the rear axle and the arms attached to it?

YellowJK

He doesn't budge on price. You can say take out the lowrance and he doesn't move. I offered 12k and was told peace out lol

tANNERRRR

He doesn't budge on price. You can say take out the lowrance and he doesn't move. I offered 12k and was told peace out lol

You saw it in person? How does it look? What did he tell you about the motor and trans and the salvage title?

He told me an old lady owned it and she ran it into a curb and insurance said it was done because it bent the stock front axle. And he said that it was 204,000 total miles but she had the motor and transmission either rebuilt/got new about 55,000 miles ago. Didn't ask about any paperwork and he didn't say. I just talked to him on the phone for 2 minutes.

YellowJK

He said the something along those lines 6 months back. Can't remember exactly since its been a bit. Didn't go look because I wouldn't pay 14,500 for it unless a lot more was done to it.

tANNERRRR

He said the something along those lines 6 months back. Can't remember exactly since its been a bit. Didn't go look because I wouldn't pay 14,500 for it unless a lot more was done to it.

6 months?!?!? Yeah I guess it is overpriced if he's had it for sale that long. That's for the input!

YellowJK

He's joenzin007 on Instagram if you want to see it in action and the build process though. It may be worth the price just not for me. I don't want to down anyone's build.

Grubbicon

The ad also claims the suspension is linked...if it were linked wouldn't it have the truss across the rear axle and the arms attached to it?

If it were linked in the rear it would have control arms and coils or coil overs (or something of that nature) instead of leafs. However that doesnt necessarily mean there would be a truss.

Top Bottom