HEARTLAND : The 2012 JK-Experience [3 Part Series]

RAH

I watched almost as soon as it came out. Great to see you wheeling on some of the same trails I do!

Trailr8d

Born and raised in Southern California, our idea of off-roading has always been about exploring the wide open desert, high mountain peaks and crawling over big rocks. Of course, there is really is so much more to off-roading than just that and, thanks to Off Road Evolution's JK-Experience, presented by Nitto Tire, we got a chance to experience for ourselves how the Heartland of America plays!

In this first of a 3 part WAYALIFE film series, you will see the beginning of our week long adventure which started in Terra Haute, Indiana and got us playing out in the hills of the Red Bird Off Road Park. For most of us, this was our first time playing in real Heartland of America mud and, thanks to a little storm known as Hurricane Isaac dumping 6” of rain before we got there, it was one hell of an experience!

We hope you enjoy our film and come back soon to watch parts 2 and 3 :cool:

The 2012 Off Road Evolution JK-Experience presented by Nitto Tire was also made possible from support of the following sponsors: AdArt, ARB, ATX Wheels, Daystar, Discount Tire, Dynatrac, Dynomax, EVO MFG, Hi-Lift, Hora Zero, Impact, King, Mastercraft, Project-JK, Rancho, Rockstar, Superchips, Skyjacker, Tochmate and WARN.

WIN a Pair of WAYALIFE Shot Glasses!!
To help kick off the release of our new film, we will be giving away a pair of WAYALIFE shot glasses to one lucky member of the forum. All you have to do is post up a comment here or, directly on our YouTube video (just make sure to say who you are on the forum) and a winner will be selected at random on Wednesday, January 9, 2013!! Good luck!!

View attachment 10872

:thumb:

Great job! I wish I could have been along. Oh well, there's always JKX 2013 ;)

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Hey Eddie when is the release of the 2013 JKX, location and dates? Did I hear you say the other night that it will be soon, like the next week or two?

MTG

Caught the Bug
Hey Eddie when is the release of the 2013 JKX, location and dates? Did I hear you say the other night that it will be soon, like the next week or two?

They typically do not release the location until after everyone is selected. I don't think we knew until July. Maybe they are changing it up?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
They typically do not release the location until after everyone is selected. I don't think we knew until July. Maybe they are changing it up?

Oh ok. I thought I heard him say we will find out soon last week. Maybe he will find out soon. lol

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thank you so much everyone, we really are so glad that you all enjoyed this first installment of HEARTLAND. :blush:

To answer some of your questions...

Excellent! :beer:
Why did you have to get cleaned up though? :thinking:

You'll have to wait until part 2 silly :D

Awesome video! How'd ya like the mud?

It was surprisingly fun. Not something I would purposfully do all the time but, fun for sure.

:clap2: Great vid!! Tell the truth , how many days after did you still have mud falling out from underneath the jk.:cheesy:

:cheesy: Are you kiddin - it's still falling out :crazyeyes:

OK?!?! . . . ya got me likin' the 'American Honey', now, . . . what's the ingredients of the "black 'n' tan" lookin' drinks in the toast at the end? 'Jim Beam' & 'Guiness'? That might take some gittin' used ta!

Norm

Actually I believe it was Guinness with a shot of Bailey's AND Jameson whiskey. That is if my sketchy memory serves me right. BTW--what car wash did you guys go to? ;) :cheesy:

What MTG said - an Irish Car Bomb. Guinness with a 50/50 shot of Bailey's and Jameson.

When are part 2 and 3 going to be out, I cannot wait!!!:clap2:

Part 2 will be released next month.

As MTG said, the location isn't something anyone knows except for Mel.

Dustless

Thank you so much everyone, we really are so glad that you all enjoyed this first installment of HEARTLAND. :blush:

Your welcome! I just cant wait for the day when i can be a part of one of your totaly awesome killer videos!!:yup::thumb::rock:

Holeshot

Banned
Awesome video! Wish I could have been there with you guys!! I Swear someday I'll be there! :rock:

Btw, is there a cost or prerequisite to be a part of such a trip?

ssh6314

What I liked most about it was all the 2 doors in the vid, there isn't many of them out there, and not many in your other videos, but this one just seemed to have allot of 2 door action.

GCM 2

Cost

......Btw, is there a cost or prerequisite to be a part of such a trip?

Okay, so a few of us on here have been a part of one or more of the JKX's, and I get asked this question a lot- How much :twocents: ?? You can figure out all this without much help, but a true gentleman does not blast out exact figures across the internet of what it cost to do one of these events for several reasons. Aside from the entry fee, which is a given number and is on the website, the remainder of the cost are not able to be computed for these reasons;

- All jeeps need to meet minimum requirements to be selected, so if you are not already built up.....well, that's a cost only you can find the amount to.
- Where do you live? Because that's the starting and ending point for your fuel bill. You pay for all your fuel.
- Hotels along the entire route, to the event, during the event, on the way back home. You cover those too.
- Meals, this is a little difficult to figure in. During the event some of the chow is covered by sponsors of the event. Again, that is "some" of the chow is covered, not all. The meals covered are like little surprise fringe benefits, you never know exactly when they are coming, they just do! Between wheeling events, on the road, you pay.
- Mechanical breaks and repairs. Carry spare stuff, be prepared to buy along the route, be nice to everyone in the event because they may loan you the part you need and don't have (Eddie, I still owe you an ARB air line. Thanks again my friend, I have not forgotten!)....and be prepared to be the loaner as well.
- Incidentals. Again, hard to figure what item you will find along the route in a truck stop that you cannot live without.

I know I am missing things here, much of it intentionally, but hopefully you get an idea. Much of the JKX is about the unknown, where is the start, where you are at any minute, where you are going, where will you finish. It's a blast, it's expensive, you will probably break or damage something. The odds are against you just simply because the amount of road and trail you will see and all at a pace that is unbelievable to keep. As part of the crew, I can say that the behind the scenes effort is pretty amazing (participants are unaware of much of whats happening). No one makes any participant tackle anything they aren't willing too, you and your jeep will be tested, you will learn that you still have things to learn.....and it's all AWESOME!

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
You really captured wheeling back east. Red bird reminds me of our local wheeling in Ohio. Thank you of the reminder why I moved the hell away from Ohio.

Awesome video!:thumb:

Top Bottom