Light bars - Really needed???

jeff_in_rc

Hey utiadm, how did you get the pics to come out like that, every time I try to get that kind of shot it's all over driven by the lights. You must have a better camera than me! LOL

utiadam

LOSER
Hey utiadm, how did you get the pics to come out like that, every time I try to get that kind of shot it's all over driven by the lights. You must have a better camera than me! LOL

Actually all of those were taken with an iPhone. I think you have to tap the screen to focus on either the dark spots or right on the lights, i dont remember at the moment. I'm guessing this pic is what you're talking about being over powered?

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461109396.465513.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461109396.465513.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 282

LetsGoMuddin

I have a single row 50" light bar on my Jeep that I want to use going down dirt forest roads in Maine. It's also fun to use at night in the snow too! :D

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have honestly never used my 50" on a trail. Now i don't run headlights on the trail either because those are blinding to the driver in front of me. My headlights are aimed pretty low and i never get flashed on the street but when constantly going up and down it's getting the mirrors of the person in front of me. I have 8 kc cyclones as rock lights and 6 rigid Duallys that i run on night trails. I think the setup is perfect.
View attachment 199450
View attachment 199451
View attachment 199452

Great pics! Thank you for sharing.

I appreciate everyone advice. I'm going to take my time choosing the spots to replace my fogs.

I'm also glad this thread is helping more people than just me.

metalic

A friend of mine won this and I ended up with it for some labor trade. The outside is floods and middle is spot Tha. Turns on independently. I keep it pointed down and run the flood when on night wheeling and it's great.

Attachments

• 1461119208151.jpg
    1461119208151.jpg
    73.5 KB · Views: 210

jeff_in_rc

Actually all of those were taken with an iPhone. I think you have to tap the screen to focus on either the dark spots or right on the lights, i dont remember at the moment. I'm guessing this pic is what you're talking about being over powered?

I will have to try that and see if I can get it to work on my phone as well, thanks!

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to say my peace anyway. IMO, When I see someone with light bars it immediately makes me think of flat bill hats, sagging pants, nut huggers, leather cuff bracelets, vaping clouds, etc. to each their own. I'm sure something like 5% of the light bar owning community is awesome, but I personally wont be affiliated.

Oh, and FUCK THE GUY who drives down i10 in Houston at night, at 100mph, in his raptor, with his 50" bar on. Thats right, I'm calling you out :asshat: (you flat bill wearing, saggy panted, leather cuff braceletted, vape cloud blowing, nut hugging sissified bitch!)

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to say my peace anyway. IMO, When I see someone with light bars it immediately makes me think of flat bill hats, sagging pants, leather cuff bracelets, vaping clouds, etc. to each their own. I'm sure something like 5% of the light bar owning community is awesome, but I personally wont be affiliated.

Oh, and FUCK THE GUY who drives down i10 in Houston at night, at 100mph, in his raptor, with his 50" bar on. Thats right, I'm calling you out :asshat: (you flat bill wearing, saggy panted, leather cuff braceletted, vape cloud blowing, sissified bitch!)

You son of a bitch! I'm going to personally see to it that the entire light bar community drives to Houston, finds out where you live and shines all their light bars in your windows! :cheesy:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
You son of a bitch! I'm going to personally see to it that the entire light bar community drives to Houston, finds out where you live and shines all their light bars in your windows! :cheesy:

lightbars.jpg
:crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Seriously though...

11169862_841083452628533_8346198271387280261_n.jpg

Last edited:

toxicwaste29

I have a set of piaa 520 they seem to work better than a light bar. Here's what I noticed. The trucklite low beam are for close distance. The piaas do medium distance. Then the trucklites high beam do far distance. The piaas stay more focused however at farther distances than the trucklites that seem to just scatter and light everything

Pyro1415

View attachment 199520
:crazyeyes: :cheesy:

Seriously though...

View attachment 199523

I like to live dangerously lol. Plus all my LEDs were free.
To the OP I'm sure a rigid would be nice for desert racing that being said I just do trail rides. When it gets dark honestly the headlights and some small Chinese D2s aimed to the sides is all I really need. The 50" is too bright for anything but clear and open conditions. Although, it gives you a feeling of power whenever you're flashed by someone and you hit them back with the 50...

meep97

I say it depends on where you live. Living here in WY where you could drive on the highway for 30 minutes before you pass another vehicle and with all the deer, antelope, and elk all over the roads I use my lights every time.

SteelBadger

Well I guess I am a little different, I have an 8" light bar above the fairlead, a pair of cubes on each corner of the front bumper pointed outward and another pair of cubes on the windshield pillar. I use them all the time either alone when we are out with the pups, or in a group situation. Now I have a different light setup than most, I am running Sierra Dual White/Amber LED lights and I run them in white when running down dirt roads so I can see a little farther but when just crawling around I run the amber and I can run them behind people WITHOUT blinding them.

Here is an older pic of the front, the bar is correct but the cubes have been replaced is the only difference, the lights are in the correct locations. I have found that with the amber lighting there is less shadowing and less glare which makes it really easy on your eyes.

To the OP, if you want extra light while out playing in the dark you will have a lot to choose from so look at what is out there, do a little research and get what you think will work for your situation.

First time I haven't thought "wow that looks stupid" when I saw a light bar. I too am old school in regards to lights. love the round pillar lights. Drives me nuts when I see a pure stock Sahara with a 50" lightbar on it. You need that light for the parkade at the mall?

jesse3638

Hooked
I'm probably going to get flamed for this, but I'm going to say my peace anyway. IMO, When I see someone with light bars it immediately makes me think of flat bill hats, sagging pants, nut huggers, leather cuff bracelets, vaping clouds, etc. to each their own. I'm sure something like 5% of the light bar owning community is awesome, but I personally wont be affiliated.

Oh, and FUCK THE GUY who drives down i10 in Houston at night, at 100mph, in his raptor, with his 50" bar on. Thats right, I'm calling you out :asshat: (you flat bill wearing, saggy panted, leather cuff braceletted, vape cloud blowing, nut hugging sissified bitch!)

Feel the same way:thumb:. Once I get my lights I may get two rigid cubes for the pillars and two truck lights up front. Other than that nothing else. Although running through the dunes at night a huge light bar would have been nice but see no need for doing that once a year maybe.

toxicwaste29

I feel the same way. Can't stand light bars on vehicles specially when they go down the road with them on. ATVs I'm okay with it however. I saw a stock wrangler yesterday with a 50" light bar on top the windshield, another 50" on the front bumper and a 30" on the hood. Looked gay as hell

Top Bottom