Evo Mfg Gen 2 Rock Sliders??

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Gen1 angle sliders here but the exact same otherwise. They work well as a step and help keep stuff away from the body better IMO
View attachment 219204 .

Running low angle for step and additional extra clearance. And for both reason I usually recommend the low angle version. [emoji106]

View attachment 219298

They are side specific. The two "closer feet" go towards the back. Looks right in the pic you posted.

Those look great. I plan on doing the angled sliders once I get the lift/tires/gears done. I previously had the regular EVO sliders and found them difficult to use as a step. These look like they would solve that problem!

Rb1boxer_3

Well I got my sliders in yesterday I was going to paint them but a storm rolled in so now have to wait. I looked online on a jeep Facebook page for anyone who could lend me their welder. A guy from a 4x4 shop said they deal with evo products and that they can bolt them on for me if I'd like. That it's not a good idea to weld them on. :eek:

jagrubb99

Well I got my sliders in yesterday I was going to paint them but a storm rolled in so now have to wait. I looked online on a jeep Facebook page for anyone who could lend me their welder. A guy from a 4x4 shop said they deal with evo products and that they can bolt them on for me if I'd like. That it's not a good idea to weld them on. :eek:

That guy has no idea what he is talking about. Steer clear of him. The evo sliders are only meant to be welded on.

zimm

Caught the Bug
I think some self tapping screws will be just fine. Think of the time and money you'll save! Optionally a few wraps of 100 mph tape for good measure.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

He is a moron. The Evo sliders are NOT bolt on sliders! They are weld on only

Rb1boxer_3

That guy has no idea what he is talking about. Steer clear of him. The evo sliders are only meant to be welded on.

He is a moron. The Evo sliders are NOT bolt on sliders! They are weld on only

For sure and a few other people were agreeing with him i was like ok ;). So I'll just have to wait till I go to my father in laws to use his welder .

Attachments

• 1472592635556.jpg
    1472592635556.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 185

Rb1boxer_3

So I'm getting ready to weld these today. And I noticed the back sticks out more than the front. Is that right with the angled sliders. The longest leg goes to the front or rear.

blackrubi14

So I'm getting ready to weld these today. And I noticed the back sticks out more than the front. Is that right with the angled sliders. The longest leg goes to the front or rear.

The longest leg should be the rear, the back should not stick out more than the front, should be the same.

Top Bottom