Crawl Box

0311DoC

I have 6 speed manual JKU and someone told me to look into a crawl box to make off-roading easier. I have never heard of them. What is it they do?

MattAlpha

Caught the Bug
I have no idea what a "crawl box" is, but I have a 6-speed JKU too. If you want to go "slow" and crawl then place your Jeep in 4lo and use 2nd gear to crawl up about anything within reason. It it's really steep then put the Jeep in 1st gear. I normally use 4lo for obstacles when I need the extra power when going slow.

Odds are you don't need a "crawl box" or for that matter "drop brackets" as a lot of guys will also recommend.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
They might referring to the RubiCrawler made by Advanced Adapters. Secondary gearbox bolted up between your transmission and t case. Gives you extra low gears. You would probably benefit all around with a gear change than buying a RubiCrawler.

Benito

Caught the Bug
They might referring to the RubiCrawler made by Advanced Adapters. Secondary gearbox bolted up between your transmission and t case. Gives you extra low gears. You would probably benefit all around with a gear change than buying a RubiCrawler.

I believe this is only available on the 3.8 autos.

Top Bottom