ATX756 Slab Threaded Inserts

jeeeep

Hooked
Sorry, one question re torque every 3000 miles?

i checked the torque on mine after 100 miles and that was a year ago.
i do a visual for whatever good it does but i have no air leaks and all the bolts from inside the bead lock look the same depth...

i will say torquing them down took the longest as I went in steps, 10, 15 then 21-23 in a star cross pattern. i used sticky note strips to mark my starting bolt

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I've been sending ATX and email a week for 3 months asking for replacement bolts and inserts info and still no response, good this thread exists :thumb:

ATX should remove the "Contact" link off their website.

Moochie

I've been sending ATX and email a week for 3 months asking for replacement bolts and inserts info and still no response, good this thread exists :thumb:

ATX should remove the "Contact" link off their website.

Maybe you will will have more luck contacting them here.
http://www.kmcwheels.com

Or is this where you have been trying to contact them at?

Coop

Caught the Bug
Bumping this thread to anyone that may need this still ;)
Hey cozdude, thanks for rebooting this thread!
I didn't have any luck with overlander's link. Probably my fault but just couldn't navigate the Fastenal web site. I'll try the link above to see if I can get any response, but the ATX "contact" results in nothing as commented above. All the hardware stores are a joke for this kind of fitting.

jeeeep

Hooked
Maybe you will will have more luck contacting them here.
http://www.kmcwheels.com

Or is this where you have been trying to contact them at?

Hey cozdude, thanks for rebooting this thread!
I didn't have any luck with overlander's link. Probably my fault but just couldn't navigate the Fastenal web site. I'll try the link above to see if I can get any response, but the ATX "contact" results in nothing as commented above. All the hardware stores are a joke for this kind of fitting.

don't use ATX contact - use the new company link posted by Moochie http://www.kmcwheels.com

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Not that I need any, but I kinda wanna paint my rings and know a few of these or all of my inserts will probable come out.....so has anyone figured out which ones they are yet?

Coop

Caught the Bug
The ones I posted are what is needed.
Overlander, the link you posted goes to a 5/16-18 threaded insert. What you wrote was 5/8-18 which I think is correct, but I can't seem to navigate to that fitting on the Fastenal site. I suck at navigating. If you have the time and could set the link to the 5/8-18 insert I could maybe get there! I did try the link to the new wheel web site and left a message, but haven't heard back yet.

wetfootnw

I happen to be in the middle of installing new tires and had a couple thread inserts go bad. I ordered the ones linked in this thread and they did not fit. Today I made a trip down to a local place, Tacoma Screw, to figure out which ones were correct.
What we need is a 3/8-16 x 9/16-12 (mfg part #329-6). Here is the Fastnal link https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/60156

Old on the left, correct in the center and the ones that didnt fit on the right
IMG_20160602_154216942.jpg
IMG_20160602_154433844.jpg
IMG_20160602_154337484.jpg

Once I got the new inserts I was able to finish up the 3rd and 4th tire tonight.
IMG_20160602_202119362.jpg

Coop

Caught the Bug
I happen to be in the middle of installing new tires and had a couple thread inserts go bad. I ordered the ones linked in this thread and they did not fit. Today I made a trip down to a local place, Tacoma Screw, to figure out which ones were correct.
What we need is a 3/8-16 x 9/16-12 (mfg part #329-6). Here is the Fastnal link https://www.fastenal.com/products/details/60156

Old on the left, correct in the center and the ones that didnt fit on the right
View attachment 206376
View attachment 206378
View attachment 206377

Once I got the new inserts I was able to finish up the 3rd and 4th tire tonight.
View attachment 206379
Thanks for finding the right inserts! Nice looking rig BTW!!

Coop

Caught the Bug
Well I ordered the inserts off of the new link. Hopefully these fit and don't get added to the ones I ordered before.

FLKEYSJK

I just placed an order for slabs earlier through ORE, does anyone know what kind of bolts they provide you with? If they're likely to rust then can I just run to Home Depot and get stainless bolts?

Speedy_RCW

Hooked
I just placed an order for slabs earlier through ORE, does anyone know what kind of bolts they provide you with? If they're likely to rust then can I just run to Home Depot and get stainless bolts?

Mine came with a set of black and a set of stainless. Heard the black ones will rust but would have gone stainless anyways.

Coop

Caught the Bug
The bolts mine came with are not stainless. I did find stainless at the hardware. These were about $2 apiece, so you are in for a large expense.

Top Bottom