scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

scull20

...and so it begins! (continues)!

"Equinso Ocha" naming reference here for those unfamiliar: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYvWQm8UD0c

With the exception of some armor, CB, and some other simple stuff I've been largely stock since picking my Jeep up from the dealer after a painful 7 week lead time from order to delivery. Otherwise is a pretty basic bright white 2014 JKUR, 4.10's, auto-trans, basic radio, remote start, cloth seats, and hard top (purchased a premium soft-top after the fact from a someone here on the forum).

Sitting here outside on display the day I picked it up.
20140530_214843216_iOS.jpg

"The dent", I acquainted my door and B-Pillar with a rock at Rausch...ended up buying (and then returning...it was a POS) a stud welder from harbor freight to pull the dent out of the B-Pillar and repaint it before installing the skins. The bodywork FAR from perfect, but you'd never know if you were 15 feet away, with one eye closed...in the dark, lol. Especially now that there's a rock skins over it. The crease in the door is still there...everything still seals fine, so it's just a battle scar for now.
20140920_133205320_iOS.jpg

A bit less than a year ago, added some skins and rails.
20150802_174057596_iOS.jpg

Then Pro-Tek skids.
20150808_202105000_iOS.jpg

...and as of yesterday, some 35" Mud-Grapplers and 1.5" spidertrax spacers....waiting on the rest of the lift parts to get delivered. With the spacers, no rub at full lock in the either direction. However, I'm definitely hitting something driving around over bumps too fast. Just have to take it easy for a few days, otherwise...they fit!.
20160423_215409446_iOS.jpg
20160424_174034359_iOS.jpg

In a few short days I should be installing the following:
Evo 3" Enforcer, Drag Link Flip, 1310 Front DS, Rancho 9000xl's all around.

Stay tuned!

-Ryan

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
HAHAHA! Love that movie and the name! Can't wait to see the white devil lifted Ryan!!

scull20

HAHAHA! Love that movie and the name! Can't wait to see the white devil lifted Ryan!!

Thanks Steve!...I'm itching big time to get it up in the air...hoping the weather holds out for Friday and this weekend. Going to try to take off on Friday to get and jump on things if possible.

scull20

So a minor update from yesterday...I took my OEM wheels with the stock BFG's as well as the new Mud-Grapplers and loaded them in my brother's pickup to take down to the local Firestone. Of all the places I called, they were the only ones that were not astounded that I was bringing in a 35" tire...not to mention that they wanted $129.99 for mounting and balancing 5 tires, which was cheaper than everyone else as well. After leaving very specific instructions with the sales guy and the tech on what side was out, don't discard the old rubber, leave the valve stems/sensors alone, etc...I left and then got the call to pick them up less than 90 min later. They print my receipt out with a 15$ charge for 5 new effing valve stems. After a heated "discussion" with the sales guy...he tries to tell me that its standard for the tech's to throw out the old stems and replace them....which served no purpose but to piss me off more, because I have the sensor valve stems to read out the pressure on the EVIC (which was the reason why I didn't want them replaced...and yes, I know some people don't like the sensor ones for when dropping pressure...blah blah...I want them in anyway). In the end, they didn't touch my valve stems, tried to charge me anyway...then said, "by the way...they misquoted you for mounting these tires...it should have been more because of the size." Mind you, I was VERY clear ahead of time with the size of tire being removed and the size being installed. So, long story short...I argued like an old man pissed off about his burger being cold at a fast food joint until the man behind the counter refunded me my $15 (plus tax)...then went on my way. This is reason why I'm glad I didn't drive my Jeep there and have them mount the tires to it...and rather do it myself in the driveway...I can only imagine the song and dance I would have gotten about needing new brakes, sway bar bushings, ball-joints, etc.

Last edited:

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
So a minor update from yesterday...I took my OEM wheels with the stock BFG's as well as the new Mud-Grapplers and loaded them in my brother's pickup to take down to the local Firestone. Of all the places I called, they were the only ones that were not astounded that I was bringing in a 35" tire...not to mention that they wanted $129.99 for mounting and balancing 5 tires, which was cheaper than everyone else as well. After leaving very specific instructions with the sales guy and the tech on what side was out, don't discard the old rubber, leave the valve stems/sensors alone, etc...I left and then got the call to pick them up less than 90 min later. They print my receipt out with a 15$ charge for 5 new effing valve stems. After a heated "discussion" with the sales guy...he tries to tell me that its standard for the tech's to throw out the old stems and replace them....which served no purpose but to piss me off more, because I have the sensor valve stems to read out the pressure on the EVIC (which was the reason why I didn't want them replaced...and yes, I know some people don't like the sensor ones for when dropping pressure...blah blah...I want them in anyway). In the end, they didn't touch my valve stems, tried to charge me anyway...then said, "by the way...they misquoted you for mounting these tires...it should have been more because of the size." Mind you, I was VERY clear ahead of time with the size of tire being removed and the size being installed. So, long story short...I argued like an old man pissed off about his burger being cold at a fast food joint until the man behind the counter refunded me my $15 (plus tax)...then went on my way. This is reason why I'm glad I didn't drive my Jeep there and have them mount the tires to it...and rather do it myself in the driveway...I can only imagine the song and dance I would have gotten about needing new brakes, sway bar bushings, ball-joints, etc.

Places by me are the same way. They charged me for replacing valve stems when i know they didn't. I had marked the stems with a red sharpie under the stems prior to taking the tires in. They were fairly embarrassed when i took the cap off to show them.

scull20

I've definitely been taking it easy on the skinny pedal, but can't really say it's been sluggish at all since adding the 35's...stopping slight changed though. Otherwise, had it up to 80-85 on the highway this morning and it was smooth as butter, other than the fact it sounded like a B-52 Bomber hahah.

I have a feeling I'm going to get used to the different pitch the tires make on the highway depending on the speed I'm going, so I know how fast I'll be going without looking at the speedo lol.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just a side note Ryan don't forget to check your tires psi and do the chalk test on them

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Holy crap! Discount tire here in SC charged me 100 bucks out the door to unmount and mount 35" tires on AEV wheels onto Fuel Trophy wheels and mount the 33" tires that were on the Fuel wheels onto the AEVs, and balance them all. That was with new valve stems. I think they were trying to rape you!

scull20

Holy crap! Discount tire here in SC charged me 100 bucks out the door to unmount and mount 35" tires on AEV wheels onto Fuel Trophy wheels and mount the 33" tires that were on the Fuel wheels onto the AEVs, and balance them all. That was with new valve stems. I think they were trying to rape you!

I wish there were Discount Tire Centers in NJ...I'm stuck with the Mom and Pop shops (hit or miss) or the likes of Firestone, Goodyear, Midas, etc. I called two separate Firestones (both within a 10 min drive of each other, and they had different pricing)...regardless, it's all nonsense. Just another reason I avoid the shops like the plague.

Cant wait to finally wheel with you :thumb:

Likewise!

Just a side note Ryan don't forget to check your tires psi and do the chalk test on them

It's on my list of things to do :)

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
I wish there were Discount Tire Centers in NJ...I'm stuck with the Mom and Pop shops (hit or miss) or the likes of Firestone, Goodyear, Midas, etc. I called two separate Firestones (both within a 10 min drive of each other, and they had different pricing)...regardless, it's all nonsense. Just another reason I avoid the shops like the plague.

Likewise!

It's on my list of things to do :)

Theres a discount tire center in Turnersville, NJ. Theyre just called American Discount tire. A good drive away from you though

scull20

Doing some parts inventory tonight...seems like I'm missing EVO-770008 (Evo Shock Mount Hardware) from my 3" Enforcer Kit. Gave Tim at Trail Jeeps a call and Evo a call and apparently its a bag of hardware? I'm not seeing the bag anywhere, or a reference to shock mount hardware in the instructions at all...hoping I can get this resolved by Friday/Saturday so I can everything installed. Otherwise everything everything else is there.

Side note...I got the rear HD sway bar links instead of the standard black links in my boxes. According to Evo, I got lucky and got an upgraded shipment because they were out of the standard links and didnt want to hold the shipment up!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Doing some parts inventory tonight...seems like I'm missing EVO-770008 (Evo Shock Mount Hardware) from my 3" Enforcer Kit. Gave Tim at Trail Jeeps a call and Evo a call and apparently its a bag of hardware? I'm not seeing the bag anywhere, or a reference to shock mount hardware in the instructions at all...hoping I can get this resolved by Friday/Saturday so I can everything installed. Otherwise everything everything else is there.

Side note...I got the rear HD sway bar links instead of the standard black links in my boxes. According to Evo, I got lucky and got an upgraded shipment because they were out of the standard links and didnt want to hold the shipment up!

Wanna trade my black ones for your HD links? Lol

Top Bottom