scull20's Build of "Equinso Ocha" (aka White Devil)

scull20

Not Jeep related...

Nicole wanted a sign with the wedding date on it for our "save the date" photos. Went out and got a length of presurfaced board of Sapele lumber this weekend, then spent some time playing with fonts in photoshop. I printed the date out and glued it to the board, then went at it with a 1/4" straight router bit to remove the material from inside the numbers. After some sanding to remove the remains of the paper and glue I hit it with some matte white spray paint from home depot. After drying I sanded off the white paint on the surface to keep the letters white, then hit it with a coat of water based poly.

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...so is Nicole!.

Date Sign.jpg
20170319_182120896_iOS.jpg
20170321_003322388_iOS.jpg
20170321_223640965_iOS.jpg
20170321_230753616_iOS.jpg

Last edited:

Napalm

Not Jeep related...

Nicole wanted a sign with the wedding date on it for our "save the date" photos. Went out and got a length of presurfaced board of Sapele lumber this weekend, then spent some time playing with fonts in photoshop. I printed the date out and glued it to the board, then went at it with a 1/4" straight router bit to remove the material from inside the numbers. After some sanding to remove the remains of the paper and glue I hit it with some matte white spray paint from home depot. After drying I sanded off the white paint on the surface to keep the letters white, then hit it with a coat of water based poly.

It's not perfect, but I'm pretty happy with how it turned out...so is Nicole!.

View attachment 249617
View attachment 249618
View attachment 249619
View attachment 249621
View attachment 249620

Nice project! Looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Ddays

Hooked
Thanks all.

Jerry...just basically traced the outline of the numbers with the router.

Nice job freehand! I've worked with some exotic woods in the past for small projects and some of them are a real bastard. I made a picture frame out of purpleheart and it was tough as hell.
Launched a piece of it across the garage attempting to put a bevel on the edge of it :eek:

scull20

Had enough time before it started to rain to get the progrips installed!

I broke down and bought a brake spoon to adjust the ebrake pads after using a bent screwdriver forever. (and cursing at not being able to get the rear rotors off). All I have to say is...I can't believe I waited this long, I no longer dread ebrake adjustments.

Otherwise, the kit went on very easily. Just took a trip around town to bed everything in. They feel great thus far, especially for brand new pads/rotors.

IMG_2417.jpg
IMG_2421.jpg

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Awesome!!! Glad you got them ryan! Jim drove my Jeep around the other day while I drove his and he wanted the pro grips while I wanted his hydro! Lol

scull20

Awesome!!! Glad you got them ryan! Jim drove my Jeep around the other day while I drove his and he wanted the pro grips while I wanted his hydro! Lol

With 37s I'd have driven into someone at this point lol. Surprisingly enough, after 54k miles I still had a lot of meat left on my OEM pads...all that highway driving.

Top Bottom