Body Armor Trail Doors

UpsideUp

I really love the look of these doors for summer runs and the false sense of security they would add with the kids in the back:bleh:
Do any of you guys have them or have had them in the past that could comment on them?
They have such mixed reviews on the previous models, but wasn't sure if the Gen 3 are any better?
And obviously these are super over priced for what they are but besides that any thoughts on them?

Eugene the Jeep

I have the GEN 2 series doors and they are really nice doors. They are well made, fit well, and don't rattle on the road, they do rattle when I'm off road. The only problem I had with the doors is the foam that they used on the top and bottom of the doors of the doors, it a little thin. I went to Lowes and bought 1 1/4" black rubber pipe insulation. it is a little larger then the original foam and helps to tighten up the door webbing.

Body Armor 4x4 has great customer service as well, I had one of the door latches that would not latch correctly and after speaking to them they over nighted a new latch to me.

If you keep looking at Amazon Warehouse Deals you might be able to find a used set. I got the rear doors for $190.00 from them.

20150428_170654.jpg

UpsideUp

Thanks for all the info! Those look great on your Jeep and I also have the cargo net and I think it ties it together perfectly. Do you think the latch was a fluke issue or a production issue?
And is there any way to keep the rattling down offroad that you can tell or is that common with tube doors from all manufacturers?
Thanks again for the response.

RoughRider

I have them, not sure what Gen, but they're alright, personally I would go a different direction or maybe get the new EVO doors

Deez2014JK

Gen 3 fixed the rattle issues by having adjustable hinges and locks from what I understand. I have Gen 2 and they rattled a lot. I redrilled and remounted the locking mechanism for the fronts and then used a small rubber sleeve on the strike plate to cushion against the lock. I also used a layer of electrical tape for the hinge posts and that cured all my issues

Top Bottom