VIDEO - MOBY in MOAB : Pritchett Canyon Jeep Trail / ROCKER KNOCKER

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Rocker Knocker is without question one of the most famous obstacles on the Pritchett Canyon Jeep Trail in Moab, Utah. Essentially a huge set of ledges with a sandy base to make things slick, this obstacle typically requires big horse power or a careful line that will push your Jeep to the edge of flopping on its side. Because of its difficulty, a winch point is located up on top and it isn't uncommon to see broken parts laying around. In this short clip, you'll get to see two different camera views of Cindy taking on this formidable challenge in Moby, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler powered by a 6.2L LS V8 and pushing 40" Toyo MT's. A BIG THANKS goes to our good friend Tony (JeepFan) for helping us to make this clip possible. We hope you enjoy. :cool:

JAGS

Hooked
Ok, that was cool to see!! I totally remember that tire coming up. Good times. [emoji41] And great camera work. [emoji106]

Fuck that obstacle though. [emoji35] [emoji23]

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Wow that tire coming up like that made me pucker. Great driving again Cindy! Thank you for sharing.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok, that was cool to see!! I totally remember that tire coming up. Good times. [emoji41] And great camera work. [emoji106]

Fuck that obstacle though. [emoji35] [emoji23]

LOL!! Better to have tried multiple times and winched up than to have broken something big and have to be dragged out. Good times for sure :cool:

Wow that tire coming up like that made me pucker. Great driving again Cindy! Thank you for sharing.

Glad you liked it. Cindy is pretty fearless.

Nice! I'm not trying that.

Unless you winch, you don't really have a choice but to try something if you want to keep moving forward :crazyeyes:

Killer-JK

Normally that line on Rocker Knocker is crawled in the JK, you tip toe through it, slipping sideways until you reach the ledge on the far left, at the brink of rolling over the whole time. It can get pretty sketchy for sure and there is no easy way to save it if you start to go over (maybe covering reverse).

There is a thin line between Success and Failure...

Success

Failure

Nice to see some use of momentum as a different approach... Excellent Driving, very well done! :thumb:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
Most aggressive attempt I've seen in a non buggy. I bet that was something to see.
[emoji106]
A mildly tricked JK used to be able to make it up without winching.

JAGS

Hooked
LOL!! Better to have tried multiple times and winched up than to have broken something big and have to be dragged out. Good times for sure :cool:

Glad you liked it. Cindy is pretty fearless.

Unless you winch, you don't really have a choice but to try something if you want to keep moving forward :crazyeyes:

It was fun trying. Those obstacles were relentless and it was surely a learning experience. Thanks again for dragging me along...luckily figuratively. [emoji6]

Love these clips. Hopefully you've got a few more in store for us down the road. Cindy really kicked some ass this trip!!![emoji106]

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Normally that line on Rocker Knocker is crawled in the JK, you tip toe through it, slipping sideways until you reach the ledge on the far left, at the brink of rolling over the whole time. It can get pretty sketchy for sure and there is no easy way to save it if you start to go over (maybe covering reverse).

Success

Failure

Nice to see some use of momentum as a different approach... Excellent Driving, very well done! :thumb:

Thank you for telling us we did it wrong. I must have missed you out there when we were there.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member

Success

Failure

Thanks. I've seen how others try to do it and while it does seem to work for some, it wouldn't be my first choice.

Most aggressive attempt I've seen in a non buggy. I bet that was something to see.
[emoji106]
A mildly tricked JK used to be able to make it up without winching.

Oh yeah, the video doesn't do it justice or at least, how I thought it looked while we were there. Fortunately, Cindy is always up for a good challenge.

That was great! I love how she played it cool at the top and just eased on.

LOL!! Cindy is always cool when behind the wheel :yup:

It was fun trying. Those obstacles were relentless and it was surely a learning experience. Thanks again for dragging me along...luckily figuratively. [emoji6]

Love these clips. Hopefully you've got a few more in store for us down the road. Cindy really kicked some ass this trip!!![emoji106]

Oh yeah, we've got tons and you know we'll be making a video out of this trip. We just need to finish the project we're working on first. These clips are just being put out to hold everyone over until what we're working on is done. :cool:

MrD

MrD

Wow that's crazy! Hope someday I'm hittin the trails like that!

Top Bottom