Wii/Playstation/XBox...what should I buy?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
So Xbox is made by microsoft? Does it lock up and need rebooted all the time like every POS computer I've owned that wasn't made by Apple? :there is no duck emoticon:

Well I'm not personally a Microsoft fan. I have a ton of apple in my house and I'm never goin back to PC...BUT I have not had any issues out of it. I have not had much if any incident to any of the many gaming units I've had in my life.

I would say that PS3 is a very good console and I have alot of games that we have bought on it and still play a ton. The Wii is now old school to some degree for the kids.

Honestly I think 10frank has a point though! I have one in the atic I need to hook up for my kids. I wish there was some nice Atari stuff out!!:rock:

MTG

Caught the Bug
The best I can tell the new Xbox is going to be announced in June 2013 and available before Christmas. I'm not going to wait that long.

LoPo

Caught the Bug
The best I can tell the new Xbox is going to be announced in June 2013 and available before Christmas. I'm not going to wait that long.

Get the Wii U now, get the next Xbox after it releases. Problem solved.

FoxC

x2... get a wii for the little ones now. Then see what the new xbox is about and I believe the ps4 is rumored to release late this year as well...I think??:thinking:

MTG

Caught the Bug

x2... get a wii for the little ones now. Then see what the new xbox is about and I believe the ps4 is rumored to release late this year as well...I think??:thinking:

Alright. You convinced me. This is what I am going to do. Gonna order it up today.

Why Wii U?

I was looking at this one: http://www.amazon.com/Nintendo-Wii-...es&ie=UTF8&qid=1358175068&sr=1-4&keywords=wii

Yes/no? Why/why not?

What else do I need to get? Extra controller(s)?

LoPo

Caught the Bug
Wii U is just the new console... the new controllers allow the kids to continue to play if you want to turn on the TV or do something else with the TV.

Wii U = HD quality output, Wii = ugly old SD output.

If it's a dollars as cents thing, get the Wii, you will get more hardware for your buck in terms of accessories.

FoxC

Wii U is just the new console... the new controllers allow the kids to continue to play if you want to turn on the TV or do something else with the TV.

If it's a dollars as cents thing, get the Wii, you will get more hardware for your buck in terms of accessories.

x2... some reviews state that the Wii U is a bit complicated for little ones and requires a learning curve.

MTG

Caught the Bug
x2... some reviews state that the Wii U is a bit complicated for little ones and requires a learning curve.

Thanks fellas!

Just ordered it up along with a couple extra controllers. Do I need the Nunchuck too?

JKAnimal

Caught the Bug
Thanks fellas!

Just ordered it up along with a couple extra controllers. Do I need the Nunchuck too?

I would order a couple of the Nunchucks. Some games like Mario world and TNMT even Wii Resort require the use of the Nunchuck to play the game. :yup:

WJCO

Meme King
Bump. I know this is an old thread but we got a Nintendo Switch about 6 months ago and I've been playing the shit out of Mario Bros and Zelda. Good stuff. Brings back memories from decades ago. And the kids love Mario Kart 8.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Bump. I know this is an old thread but we got a Nintendo Switch about 6 months ago and I've been playing the shit out of Mario Bros and Zelda. Good stuff. Brings back memories from decades ago. And the kids love Mario Kart 8.
Contra was my favorite game... seems so long ago. I think the last time I got into a game was MYST in college. My kid hands me the controller now and I'm like... yeah, no, I don't know... I'm out. Lol

Lol, now this is an old thread I didn't think I'd be seeing here 😂

I've always been an Xbox guy even though I don't play much anymore, played a shit ton of Halo though back in its heyday - and that's really the only reason I bought each of the Xboxes and I might play the new Halo with the little siblings once it comes out.

WJCO

Meme King
How old were your kids before you bought them a gaming system?
Kid just turned 8. Thinking of getting her a Nintendo.
10, 9, and 6. We use it as a family thing more than anything which was the point of getting the Switch. We almost always play all together. You can buy a yearly subscription from Nintendo for like 50 bucks and it comes with a ton of games. The other cool thing about the switch is it hooks to the TV or becomes its own mobile tablet for the car. If you use it in the car though, you do have to buy hard copies of the games to take with you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Finally got my hands on a PS5! God damn that was the hardest thing to get in the world

Attachments

• 6E3CB531-A754-4386-B46B-74D5DA04BBD2.jpeg
    6E3CB531-A754-4386-B46B-74D5DA04BBD2.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 279653E8-CFC0-4A6F-A052-DCD0F60B7AFC.jpeg
    279653E8-CFC0-4A6F-A052-DCD0F60B7AFC.jpeg
    205.9 KB · Views: 6

FFPulley77

Hooked
I play Snowrunner on my Xbox. It’s a pretty cool off-road game. Also play Ghost Recon from time to time. Normally, my daughter is playing Roblox or Minecraft on it, she likes it better than her Switch because she feels like she gets to play “daddy’s games”

MericaMade

How old were your kids before you bought them a gaming system?
Kid just turned 8. Thinking of getting her a Nintendo.
Mine is 6 and he loves to play Crew2 (racing game) and Rocket leauge (soccer with cars). My and him will play Call of Duty but only us vs the computer bots, I wont allow him to play online at all.

Top Bottom