Lessons Learned: A Story of a Stick versus a Rubicon

Brute

Hooked
I just went through the manual again...I should be able to check tire pressure & trans temp as well...I just haven't pressed the menu & down buttons in the right sequence...thanks for the info...I'll check it on the brute when I get back into Seattle next week...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Is it part of the Connectivity Package from the dealer?

I honestly couldn't tell you that. I will say that mine is a Rubicon and my boss has a 2014 Sport, I don't think my bosses shows it. I will have to ask him about it. For some reason I am just thinking his doesn't. So it might very well be a certain package.

trailless

Caught the Bug
I have it on my 2014 JKUR. I think it's part of the connectivity package. It shows oil pressure, tire pressure, trans temp, and coolant temp.

BTW I have the 730N nav.

LasVegasJK

I honestly couldn't tell you that. I will say that mine is a Rubicon and my boss has a 2014 Sport, I don't think my bosses shows it. I will have to ask him about it. For some reason I am just thinking his doesn't. So it might very well be a certain package.

I have these features in my 2015 Willys. It's an option for the information center.

Sudz

i whipped this up to protect the soft underbelly of my ZJ, 1/4" thick plate

RMH-1005.jpg

RMH-1000-2.jpg

100_5449.jpg

100_5444.jpg

100_5425.jpg

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting your lesson learned Nexada Z. Taken to heart and EVO Protek installed yesterday.........lots of the trails around here are covered in sticks and many mud holes with "God-knows-what" lurking beneath (ATV experience with this) :yup:

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Thanks for posting your lesson learned Nexada Z. Taken to heart and EVO Protek installed yesterday.........lots of the trails around here are covered in sticks and many mud holes with "God-knows-what" lurking beneath (ATV experience with this) :yup:

I am glad that you were able to learn from my mistakes and I am also glad to see you got a good set of skid plates. I am blown away that my advise has gone international. Thank you and enjoy those awesome trails up North.

jesse3638

Hooked
Sticks only get along with other sticks. :harhar:
But seriously, glad you and the family made it out safely. Probably the smartest thing you did was to wheel with another friend. Something I don't always do. Even with quite a bit of recovery gear, one thing I always make sure is that I have provisions to survive for a couple of days regardless of the weather. If you think you may be in need of a local for recovery assistance in the future, message me for my number. Love the color of your new ride and it sounds like it will be quite the beast after you finish making the changes you are planning. The only thing I find ironic is that with your avatar, you were unarmed.

It talking about sticks, never drive through or put your tires in a Creosote Bush here in the desert. I was taught that early on in my career not to do that. I've seen them stab holes in the sidewalls of 16 ply 11R22.5 truck tires. If we have to run one over we try to take it down the center of the truck very slowly so they don't grab onto anything under there. Once driven over never drive back over them in the opposite direction. They turn into those "DO NOT BACK UP, SEVER TIRE DAMAGE WILL OCCUR" parking lot spikes. Just wanted to share, back to the OP's topic..haha.

Top Bottom