JK Rzeppa High Angle Factory Replacement CV Kit Questions?

TonyViv

Just curious on what your thoughts are on this?

https://teraflex.com/shop_items/55c3f57205a25c5bb1173c17

I didn't know these existed until today, I wonder if they may be a viable option for a limited few applications. I am not really considering them, it seems like new shafts are the way to go, I have been interested in Adams (any opinions??). In my limited knowledge, it seems like they address the angle issues of the driveline but using them doesn't fix the strength of the stock driveshaft( I have seen pics of twisted broken ones ) Nor does it seem to address the clearance issues or contact of the driveshaft with the exhaust up front. I am also not sure if this part is for the front or rear shaft or both, or if it could work for one and not the other.

Any thoughts?

Tony

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Skip it and get a real shaft from Adams, je reel, or coast. All three are great shafts so you can't go wrong with any of them.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I think if you had a less than 3" of lift and 27"+ shocks and paired it with a new y pipe it would be ok.

3" or higher the front shaft angle at ride height will destroy the joint so no benefit.

Reality is though for a little bit more money you could just get a new shaft and be done with it.

Chili

I bought one and installed it when they first came out. It lasted 4 months/3,000 miles. It's no better than any other rzeppa joint.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I bought one and installed it when they first came out. It lasted 4 months/3,000 miles. It's no better than any other rzeppa joint.

This ^^^^

If you have enough lift to need a new drive shaft, you'll be better off just getting a new u-joint style one and one that's a 1350.

Top Bottom