Motobilt front bumper?

projectMMTB

Does anyone have any experience or know anything about motobilt?
I have been looking for new front bumpers (evo, gen right, poison spyder) and ran across this and I'm liking the look of it...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461888506.077971.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1461888528.448344.jpg

Napalm

Never had any personal experience, but I do see they are made in the USA which isn't a bad thing!

That being said, in my opinion the bars around the grill are a little extreme for my tastes, and take away from the looks of the Jeep. But, that's only my opinion!

It's your Jeep, find which bumper that suites you best. Good luck on your hunt. :)

I do like the design of that bumper been thinking about purchasing it for some time now! I love they are made in the good ole USA. But I haven't seen any tests on their strength. But I do love the look!

thardy

Banned
He's based out of Dothan, AL and makes some good stuff for sure! Never seen one in person, but his products would be on my short list.

Wethy

Never had any personal experience, but I do see they are made in the USA which isn't a bad thing!

That being said, in my opinion the bars around the grill are a little extreme for my tastes, and take away from the looks of the Jeep. But, that's only my opinion!

It's your Jeep, find which bumper that suites you best. Good luck on your hunt. :)

I've looked at his Instagram he will set up the bars as you request whether you want full tubing, nothing or just a stinger

mds22

I've looked at his Instagram he will set up the bars as you request whether you want full tubing, nothing or just a stinger

They sponsor the local forum here. Quality stuff. will fab just about anything, anyway you want it. Only thing I've seen in person is my light bar mount and a friends rear stubby bumper, but everyone around here talks great about them.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
That bumper, along with their rear bumper, is on my short list of what I will be going with on BOHICA. As many here know, I only buy US made stuff when possible and I like supporting small US companies, much like Full Metal Fabworks when no one knew who they were. I love the look of the front bumper, and running the winch on top like that seems to be working for plenty of companies. My sliders will be EVO again for sure, and my bumper short list consists of MotoBilt, EVO, JCR and Artec. The one you have pictured with the grill hoop and supports is the one I am eyeballing. Definitely interested to see if anyone is actually running their stuff.

The grill hoop motobilt bumper looks very nice! I've seen it in person.

Like others have said it's made in the Dothan, AL. Looks to be of very nice quality.

I do not know personally how it's been tested and held up.

CarolinaJK

I love the looks of that bumper. I almost went with the JCR mauler deluxe before I purchased my 1/4 pounder.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I love the looks of that bumper. I almost went with the JCR mauler deluxe before I purchased my 1/4 pounder.

Lol that's another bumper on my short list, front and rear. I like the it looks very similar to the MotoBilt, but has a partially sunken winch mount. Not sure if that really even a big deal though. I'm probably just overthinking things again.

projectMMTB

Lol that's another bumper on my short list, front and rear. I like the it looks very similar to the MotoBilt, but has a partially sunken winch mount. Not sure if that really even a big deal though. I'm probably just overthinking things again.

I was looking at getting the mauler deluxe by JCR but I ran across the motobilt. I'm not sure why but the motobilt looks better to me. Maybe because I don't like the recessed winch mount as much

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I was looking at getting the mauler deluxe by JCR but I ran across the motobilt. I'm not sure why but the motobilt looks better to me. Maybe because I don't like the recessed winch mount as much

Agreed. While I do like a recessed winch mount, the MotoBilt looks better to me as well. It may be something little, but I think what does it for me is the position and shape of the grill hoop supports. Overall, I really like the looks of the MotoBilt front and rear bumpers.

jagrubb99

Agreed. While I do like a recessed winch mount, the MotoBilt looks better to me as well. It may be something little, but I think what does it for me is the position and shape of the grill hoop supports. Overall, I really like the looks of the MotoBilt front and rear bumpers.

Can't attest personally to the durability of their products, but the Motobilt shop is 45 minutes away from me in Dothan, AL. I have been over and talked to the guy a few times and wow, the guy is an artist of a fabricator. Everything looked quality when I visited the shop and they are a super great company. Serious supporters if our local Jeep community. Honestly, I don't think you could go wrong with a Motobilt bumper:thumbup:

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
As mentioned in my build thread, I just picked up MotoBilt front and rear bumpers. The welds are excellent and they look to be of a great build quality. The front bumper is surprisingly not that heavy. I guess I was expecting it to be so much heavier than the FMF bumper I ran before, but it's really not that much heavier. Anyways, I'll have the rear mounted up within the next few days and will order the MotoBilt vacuum pump relocation kit on Monday. Not sure if I'm going to mount the front bumper yet though. Might look kinda silly on a stock Jeep. Anyways, here they are.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463325809.738556.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463325820.343177.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463325847.576856.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463325862.501103.jpg

jagrubb99

As mentioned in my build thread, I just picked up MotoBilt front and rear bumpers. The welds are excellent and they look to be of a great build quality. The front bumper is surprisingly not that heavy. I guess I was expecting it to be so much heavier than the FMF bumper I ran before, but it's really not that much heavier. Anyways, I'll have the rear mounted up within the next few days and will order the MotoBilt vacuum pump relocation kit on Monday. Not sure if I'm going to mount the front bumper yet though. Might look kinda silly on a stock Jeep. Anyways, here they are.
View attachment 203465
View attachment 203466
View attachment 203467
View attachment 203468

I say go for it! Who cares what the people think. It just advertises that there is more to come on this build!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Reviving this thread with an update for those interested in the MotoBilt bumpers. I got them mounted up. I was very impressed by the quality of them so far. The rear was super easy to get on, the front is a tight fit. It literally needed to be aligned absolutely perfect to get all the bolt holes to line up, but one we got them started it bolted on just as easy as any other bumper I've run.
Here's a few pics of them mounted:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284052.116077.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284072.635556.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284091.063094.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284108.887952.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284143.805564.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284174.853855.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464284197.430277.jpg

Top Bottom