Dubaibentzen's build of Iceberg

Dubaibentzen

That is an interesting looking hard top. Curious why you are fabbing one like this out of steel and fiberglass? Don't get me wrong, I really dig it. But why not get a used hard top? Is it the slant in the back that you like or more security? I've never seen one like this. Will it still be removable? It must weight a ton. What about the windows? Glass or acrylic? Awesome build too!!

I like the slant back look. It will still be removable and very light. Rear window will be glass for strength and side windows just acryllic.

JeepJeep75

The custom hardtop came out really great! Did you and your shop completely design and fab it from scratch or was it mimicked from something similar? It looks very clean.

JeepDrum

Just stumbled upon this build. Looks great! Does the CC tire carrier just bolt up to the stock hinges for the tailgate, or did you have to drill holes?

Dubaibentzen

I'd keep the white theme going and get them body matched too. :cool:

That looks great! I agree, go color matched!

I 3rd the idea of going with the color matched skins.. Great looking build.

Normally white is my second least favourite vehicle colour but I have to say. This looks GOOD!
Nice job.

White EVO rock skins it shall be! :clap2:

But I might use black powdercoated rock sliders with the white skins. My Quarter Pounder and Rear Fascia are both black, and will be put on over the next few days. This way everything on the body will be white and all other on the "lower edges" will be black.

Dubaibentzen

Color matched for sure! looking good! How do you like the Coopers compared to the Trail Graps?

Color matched it is!

I have never tried Trail Grapplers, so I cant compare them. I have only run Discoverer Cooper STT and now starting with STT PRO. My previous Cooper STT's had an annoying left radial pull, so I am hoping the STT PRO's will behave better. Time will tell.

Dubaibentzen

The custom hardtop came out really great! Did you and your shop completely design and fab it from scratch or was it mimicked from something similar? It looks very clean.

Thanks.
We kinda added details and went back and forth a few times. Originally it was supposed to just be plastic windows and no rear window opening, but I did not want that because I wanted to have the option for putting large suitcases in, when picking up family from the airport for example. We ended up using real glass windows. Also we skipped the rear window washer as it is a bit heavy. We added two hydraulic shocks to keep the window open at horizontal level, and also not to make it too high for my wife - she's a lot shorter than me. The we had to figure out how to keep the rear window from rattling going over every bump, so we added two small locks on the inside left and right, and some rubbber seals to make it hold tight and be waterproof. Im quite pleased with it and the colour came out almost identical to the car itself.

In the long run I might add some Dynomax or extra carpet for roof insulation and noise reduction. Lets see if its necessary at all.

Top Bottom