VIDEO - MOBY in MOAB : Pritchett Canyon Jeep Trail / CHEWY HILL

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Chewy Hill (sometimes referred to as "Which Way") is the second major obstacle on the Pritchett Canyon Jeep Trail but the first that you have to take on as there are no bypasses. From what I understand, this challenging obstacle used to be a graded dugway but over time and hard use by off-roaders, it has eroded into a series of large, slippery ledges with the last of which being considerably off camber. Needless to say, it's a tough climb and one that typically requires a good amount of momentum to get up the first half of the hill and then careful finesse to make it up to the top. In this short clip, you'll get to see two different camera angles of me taking this tough hill on in Moby, our 2007 Jeep JK Wrangler powered by a 6.2L LS V8 and pushing 40" Toyo MT's. A BIG THANKS goes to our good friend Tony (JeepFan) for helping us to make this clip possible. We hope you enjoy.

:cool:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Could Moby be more awesome? Answer...yes, just add a V8. That LS is a beast. Great video!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Awesome! Your Piloting skills are unbelievable. ....you make that look easy....lol

LOL!! Thanks. Truth be told, this was my second attempt. Chewy Hill is far from being easy.

That was a fun day! Cool clip!

Well, it was a hell of a crazy long day for sure and I'm glad you were there to enjoy it with us :thumb:

Sweet. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, glad you liked it :cool:

Could Moby be more awesome? Answer...yes, just add a V8. That LS is a beast. Great video!

LOL!! You don't need a V8 to clear this obstacle but having one sure makes it that much cooler :D

Very nice.
Definitely made it look easy

Buster3479

Great clip, thanks for sharing! If it looks difficult on video, it's ridiculously hard. While you made that look so easy, I'm going with ludicrously difficult. Almost straight to plaid!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
:thumb:

Thanks Ron! I so hope you'll be able to find some time in the future to join us in Moab :yup:

Awesome clip! Looks like a great time.

That looked like a fun day.

Thanks guys, we need to have you out there with us next time.

well done...you gotta love Moab...

Oh yeah, there's only one Moab :cool:

When are we going back? Awesome clip but, I need more... lol

LOL!! Seriously!! We definitely need to get back out there and sooner than later. Thanks again for all your help and for filming so much for us this year. :rock:

Sadly not soon enough, and yes I agree I need more! Lol

Ain't that the truth!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Great clip, thanks for sharing! If it looks difficult on video, it's ridiculously hard. While you made that look so easy, I'm going with ludicrously difficult. Almost straight to plaid!

:cheesy: Now that's funny. It really is a tough hill and it's only been getting harder over the years.

Cool clip! The start of a monster trail with a long day ahead!!

Well, it didn't help that we had 10 rigs with us and that we were filming everyone. I'm just glad that you and everyone with us was willing to be patient with us :yup:

JeepFan

Hooked
Well, it didn't help that we had 10 rigs with us and that we were filming everyone. I'm just glad that you and everyone with us was willing to be patient with us :yup:

...and that Jeep with a broken u joint. Geez! That was an epic day!

Top Bottom