Jeep JK Cobra 75WSXT Trick

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Alright guys, so the video is pretty self explanatory. Just a little trick that i figured out to not waste money and worry about wiring an external speaker. Short sweet and to the point. Sorry, Im no professional :bleh:

Hope you guys like it!:rock:

Last edited:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
Alright guys, so the video is pretty self explanatory. Just a little trick that i figured out to not waste money and worry about wiring an external speaker. Short sweet and to the point. Sorry, Im no professional :bleh:

Hope you guys like it!:rock:

Cool idea! [emoji106]🏻

Sharkey

Word Ninja
You can obviously also just run the CB directly to the stereo input but you lose the music. I have my CB external plugged into a powered Bluetooth speaker. The sound is great and I get double duty from the speaker around the campsite or in my tent.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
You can obviously also just run the CB directly to the stereo input but you lose the music. I have my CB external plugged into a powered Bluetooth speaker. The sound is great and I get double duty from the speaker around the campsite or in my tent.

I didn't think of that [emoji85] i hope the mic still works. Ill have to test it out this weekend at rausch

mct883

When you don't have the radio on aux does the handheld still have sound with the cord still plugged in. Hope this question makes sense.

mct883

So no sound on the unit itself when the cord is plugged in. I was hoping you could hear the handheld and when something important came on you could switch to aux to get a louder sound

MattMc

I bought a double male aux cord just to try this, but never did try it. I assumed it would work though.

Gadget

Caught the Bug
I tried plugging the cable I use for listening to the music on my phone while driving into the CB and it worked. The thing was it only came thru one speaker but sounded ok. Don't know about topless at 75mph though.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Sorry guys, i haven't been keeping an eye on this thread!

So no sound on the unit itself when the cord is plugged in. I was hoping you could hear the handheld and when something important came on you could switch to aux to get a louder sound

Unfortunately, only sound through the speakers

I bought a double male aux cord just to try this, but never did try it. I assumed it would work though.

Yes! I love this little trick, no unplugging and replugging between DD and the trails. I found a fairly clean way to have mine mounted too. I just want to find a way to hide the aux cord behind the dash.

Do you have a link for the splitter?

Its just an aux splitter. I happened to find one in my wife's desk with a bunch of other junk lol

I tried plugging the cable I use for listening to the music on my phone while driving into the CB and it worked. The thing was it only came thru one speaker but sounded ok. Don't know about topless at 75mph though.

Yes, i was cautious about this at first too. I recently had my doors off and windows out and had no problem hearing a pissed off truck driver on the highway. Lol

Awesome idea! Will definitely use when I set mine up!

thanks man! Im still very happy with my results, a tip though, my aux splitter is a "fancier" one and has a little wheel on the side for each aux cord. So i can dial in the volume perfectly between them dials, my radio volume, and the volume knob on the cb itself.

daddyusmaximus

Went with a bluetooth stereo in the Marauder so I could talk on the phone while driving hands free with the sound coming out of the stereo. Works great, now I want to try this or something similar to my CB in the CJ. Loud Jeep, and old ears are a bad combo.

GregMort13

Caught the Bug
Went with a bluetooth stereo in the Marauder so I could talk on the phone while driving hands free with the sound coming out of the stereo. Works great, now I want to try this or something similar to my CB in the CJ. Loud Jeep, and old ears are a bad combo.

Yes, i love this trick. My favorite part about my jeep.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom