Spray painting metal bumper

Krystianjk

Has anyone on here rattle canned their bumpers a different color? If you have could you post some pics? I'm thinking of doing it to my bumpers (^O^)

GeckoMonkey

I haven't done it but I am also interested. I have redo my bumpers (or just get new ones) but I don't know what route I wanna go. Good Question! ^^

toxicwaste29

I spray painted my rear PS bumper. It's been holding up excellent for over a year now and doesn't scratch easily. I used rustoleum pro. Primer, flat black, and flat clear coat. About three layers of each

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
Has anyone on here rattle canned their bumpers a different color? If you have could you post some pics? I'm thinking of doing it to my bumpers (^O^)

I used a Rustoleum self etching primer and Rustoleum satin black spray paint. I also used one of those 12 dollar triggers that go on the spray can, which helped a lot. In the pictures, the front bumper and sliders were spray painted by me. Very easy to touch up when needed.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462278381.245909.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462278413.442261.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462278443.974208.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462278671.123186.jpg

Are you talking about trying to color match with spray paint?

Greenmachine14

I used rustoleum self etching primer and bedliner when I did my bumper back in January and it held up great through the Wisconsin winter.

srbell0585

I use primer and then an epoxy based spray paint. It's supposed to be for appliances. It has a high gloss really hard finish. It looks like it's powder coated when done. Only down fall is a seems to take a good couple days to really cure.

toxicwaste29

Also don't forget to sand the metal if it isn't fresh metal. I didn't my first time painting and even with the self etching primer it just flaked and peeled right off after only a month

MSmitty

I'm painting all of mine with Rustoleum Camo Sand. This is only after two coats, but going to try and get a lot of it painted this evening. I'll try to post a pic if I get it done.

IMG_20160424_145103.jpg

Krystianjk

I used a Rustoleum self etching primer and Rustoleum satin black spray paint. I also used one of those 12 dollar triggers that go on the spray can, which helped a lot. In the pictures, the front bumper and sliders were spray painted by me. Very easy to touch up when needed.
View attachment 201431
View attachment 201432
View attachment 201433
View attachment 201434

Looks great! And no color matching is bit too much to ask for from some spray cans lol. Just black will do !

Josh27

View attachment 201431
View attachment 201432
View attachment 201433
View attachment 201434

Looks great! What front bumper is that?

MSmitty

Very interested to see how these look once mounted. I think it's great idea. Are you doing the bumpers in sand also?

Yeah, just finished the first coat, which actually covered very well. This cammo flat paint is super forgiving and goes on really nice, especially over an already powder coated bumper. Picture coming in just a bit.

Top Bottom