New guy in need of help!

Let me start with a thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to help me here. So I am new to the Jeep game. I have wanted one since before I could drive and finally have one to call my own thanks to an awesome wife that decides to drive a mini van so that I could spend all of my free time in our garage with what she is already calling my girl friend. Anyways, I have already made quite a few mods myself, but there has already been quite a lot of work done underneath. Being new to this I was hoping that maybe I could take some photos and get some feedback on what you guys see going on? If this seems like a decent idea please let me know and I'll start throwing pics up like crazy

jeeeep

Hooked
give us an idea of what answers you are looking for so we can help you maybe narrow in on what pics to post up.

toxicwaste29

Also post a description of the issue rather than just some random pictures and have us guess what might be going on

WJCO

Meme King
Might be something as simple as a little lube needed on the steering attenuator. Never know.

trailraider

Let me start with a thank you in advance to anyone that is willing to help me here. So I am new to the Jeep game. I have wanted one since before I could drive and finally have one to call my own thanks to an awesome wife that decides to drive a mini van so that I could spend all of my free time in our garage with what she is already calling my girl friend. Anyways, I have already made quite a few mods myself, but there has already been quite a lot of work done underneath. Being new to this I was hoping that maybe I could take some photos and get some feedback on what you guys see going on? If this seems like a decent idea please let me know and I'll start throwing pics up like crazy

maybe pop over and give a wave as well.

Thanks for all the responses! I should have been a little clearer on my original post. I am not experiencing any issues, I just don't know what ive got going on underneath my JK. Here are some pics

Attachments

• 1462306363088.jpg
    1462306363088.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 225
  • 1462306375651.jpg
    1462306375651.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 221
  • 1462306387696.jpg
    1462306387696.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 225
  • 1462306405183.jpg
    1462306405183.jpg
    57.8 KB · Views: 227
  • 1462306420794.jpg
    1462306420794.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 225

jeff_in_rc

Some of the crap on it looks like battery acid has leaked on the frame and some of it looks like salt is doing some etching, correct me if I'm wrong on that, no salt in the desert!

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
The arms connecting your frame to the axle with Teraflex stickers are called lower control arms. They're handy if you've got over 2.5" of lift to correct the angle that your axle sits. Basically rotating it out or in, in relation to the fixed upper control arms. This is a good thing, just not the best quality arms.

You probably also have Teraflex coils, but not sure on those shocks. The stock Rubicon shocks are red and unmarked like that so that may be what you have. Other than that, everything else looks stock.

Thanks JK Dave! That was the info i was hoping to get. Still trying to find all the diagrams out there with parts labeled so I don't feel like a complete idiot when I'm reading people's comments lol

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
they aren't stock rubicon shocks and one of the rear shot looks like the top half of the shock is silver.

I also can't see any bumpstop extensions which may be a sign that it's a really cheap lift

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
they aren't stock rubicon shocks and one of the rear shot looks like the top half of the shock is silver.

I also can't see any bumpstop extensions which may be a sign that it's a really cheap lift

Agreed they look like bilsteins that were painted red

SteelBadger

Hi guys, is that the breather hose hanging down back there? has it been pulled down too far? Maybe it has been extended but if not would it not be way too low?

Hoping some of the more experienced guys can confirm or deny my thoughts on this.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Hi guys, is that the breather hose hanging down back there? has it been pulled down too far? Maybe it has been extended but if not would it not be way too low?

Hoping some of the more experienced guys can confirm or deny my thoughts on this.

Yeah looks like the breather has been extended a bit more than necessary but it's still attached to the axle

bouche03

Can you snap a pic of the driver side rear capturing that side of the axle next to the rear tire? It would be good to see if you have a raised rear track-bar bracket installed

SteelBadger

Hey ekemail20, are the shocks on the front different from the back? The rear one looks painted, but the front looks like it isn't. Maybe the front are rubi shocks?
Can you tell us what the mods are you have made?

catahoula

Caught the Bug
You might be able to see the part numbers on the coils. Usually in white and that might tell you the coil height.

JKbrick

Can you snap a pic of the driver side rear capturing that side of the axle next to the rear tire? It would be good to see if you have a raised rear track-bar bracket installed

I thought the rear trac bar seemed like it needed raised also. Looks really angled.

JKbrick

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462462018.558893.jpg
This will tell you how much lift you have. The pictures make it look like your sway bar links are too short, the sway bars should be pointing up and not down
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462462223.859543.jpg
This is where you want your caster set with your adjustable front lower control arms. most anything you could possibly think of you could find in the write ups section. Things like your drag link and track bar on your front end should be as parallel as possible for your steering to be correct .....

Top Bottom