Jeep Jk Headlights

spencerd45

Hello everyone,

I am in the market for a new set of headlights for my Jk. I posted a while back about LED or HID conversion bulbs and was told to get entire replacements. Since then, the Truck Lites have caught my eye and Im about ready to pull the trigger on a set. Any one have experience with them? Any comparison to the JW speaker? How are they overall?

Overall just looking for input from those who have them. Would rather put a little extra money in and buy the JW speaker if its superior.

Thanks again,
Spencer

lidless07X

I had the Trucklights and liked them a lot. Never had any problems. Some owners in very cold climates complain of snow builing up because they are not hot like the stock lights. They make heated Trucklights but my bet is you won't have that problem in Florida.

I can't comment on the JW's. I don't have any experience with them.

Last edited:
I have Trucklites and I love them. Very bright compared to stock but then again you could wipe a firefly's guts on the stock lens and it would be brighter than what jeep installs from the factory.

Serious brightness though for real. I'm amazed at how much I was missing driving at night with stock lights. I can see shoulder to shoulder without the brights on and I never feel like I'm over-driving my headlights at highway speeds. Used them on the trail in dim daylight conditions in overgrowth on a forest trail and at night in Uwharrie. They performed great and lit the trail like daylight.

I've had mine for just about a year. I did have an issue with them, though I'm not certain if the temperature was any cause to the issue. They were fine when installed but one lens got dimmer this winter. I tried re-installing and re-connecting the harness but it never came back to full bright. I contacted them and sent pics of the faulty light. Without question, they sent me a brand new pair with an email that had heir UPS account number attached for return shipping. So customer service seems pretty good to me.

I do not have the heated version but I can say that I didn't think I was missing anything by them being plain. I did not experience icing over and I did drive in some pretty good winter weather this year.

Overall I'm extremely happy with my choice and I would easily recommend them to anyone looking to upgrade from stock.

boardsurfer

I've had both TL and JW on my Jeep. The JW are superior in my opinion. Light pattern is more even and better spread. They appear a little brighter because of that.

I should mention I only bought them because they were the same price as the TL at the time (Black Friday deal). The price premium is not worth the (admittedly) subjective improvement. The wife was coveting my trucklites so I gave them to her.

Last edited:

jeeeep

Hooked
I've had Truck lites and now running Vision-X, they're both as bright but I do like the pattern coverage of the Vision-X better and I use the outer ring light as a daytime light.

I have a set of JW's I haven't installed yet, bought the new ones made specific for the JK on a super deal from Amazon, they have a built in anti-flicker adapter.

I didn't care for the V or X pattern of the Truck lites, I've seen guys install the horizontal adjustment screws and adjust most of the x-pattern out. be sure to get the anti-flicker adapters and use dielectric grease on the connectors.

USMC Wrangler

I have non-heated TL's and they are leaps and bounds better than stock.

Sunday night I noticed one high beam was weak. I started the claim through the vender where I bought them yesterday and received an email that the replacement shipped today. I also did have a freak AZ snowstorm incident with mine. Had to pull over every 5 miles at night to clear them. Overall, I'm happier with these than stock. I picked mine up last June before the price hike, so that was a bonus.

spencerd45

Thanks for all the input. Cold weather shouldn't be an issue in south Florida. I'm curious about this x or c light pattern. Does this bother those who have the truck lites? I'm planning on replacing the fog lites too so hopefully it should overlap some of the headlight beam.

Spencer

valen1066

I have the JW Speakers in mine. Got them on sale for $475. I love them, and get compliments on the constantly. The difference between stock and these is ridiculous. I havent had anything else, but I would recommend the JW to anyone.

WxNerd2015

I also have the JWs (8700 Evolution J Series) and they are so much better than stock! I got them for $620 from Rubitrux! They have been on for almost 2 months for me now, and every time I use them, I am so happy with my choice! This is definitely a must upgrade from the stocks, as these suck big time! I have not had the Trucklites, so I cannot speak to those, though I did give them some hard consideration, but the output numbers from the JWs, as well as the cleaner and more precise throw of light from the JWs drew me to them. The optics of the JW really direct the light where it is needed, and it is a very clean and even spread of light, with a hot spot directly out in front of the vehicle with just a touch of spill over to the upper right, while the Trucklites have the reflectors which still are very impressive, but do give you some funny artifacts in the light throw. And the built in anti flicker has worked perfect on my JK so far, and that was a huge plus to not have to have an extra connect or harness to worry about, truly plug and play, 30 minutes or less to install! For me, those two things I just listed were my two big draws to the JWs! Plus, I think it looks pretty cool, but for the looks, to each their own!

swampdog

I also am very happy with the JW Speakers (8700 Evolution J). You can get them for $475 from River City Offroad with free shipping. One of my favorite mods so far.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Have had the JWs through the winter and they performed very well. No issues with icing and huge difference in light output over stock. A bit pricey but extremely easy install. I will likely upgrade my fog lights one day as well.

Havoc40

Have had the JWs through the winter and they performed very well. No issues with icing and huge difference in light output over stock. A bit pricey but extremely easy install. I will likely upgrade my fog lights one day as well.

While I do really like my JWS lights, I can't really say the same for not icing over. At least a half dozen times this winter (which was super mild) I had to get out and scrape the ice and snow off the lenses. I'm planning on having another vehicle for next winter but, it was enough of a hassle this winter for me to almost buy heated TL's.

Labricon

Caught the Bug
Perhaps geography is another factor to consider regarding heated vs not for led headlights.....cold and dry here in the winter...humidity on the coasts and near the Great Lakes could play a role....?

spencerd45

I also am very happy with the JW Speakers (8700 Evolution J). You can get them for $475 from River City Offroad with free shipping. One of my favorite mods so far.

Is this offer still available? And is that with Canbus cancellers?

Spencer

swampdog

Don't know what a canbus canceller is, but yes, the deal is still running. I believe you mean anti-flicker module, and yes, they are built into the hardware of this model so no extra harness is required.

spencerd45

Don't know what a canbus canceller is, but yes, the deal is still running. I believe you mean anti-flicker module, and yes, they are built into the hardware of this model so no extra harness is required.

Canbus canceller is the same thing as the Anti- Flicker as far as I know. I was told that halogens require more current draw and the jeep pulses current. When LED's are installed, it effects the pulse and causes flicker. The harness is just to provide extra load to make up the difference in energy draw

Spencer

swampdog

Canbus canceller is the same thing as the Anti- Flicker as far as I know. I was told that halogens require more current draw and the jeep pulses current. When LED's are installed, it effects the pulse and causes flicker. The harness is just to provide extra load to make up the difference in energy draw

Spencer

These have that built in so it is a a simple plug and play.

Top Bottom