SPY SHOTS - 2018 Jeep JL Wrangler

WxNerd2015

Shot From near the FCA Tech Center in the Motor City

Just figured I would share here. I was headed to work and noticed this rig just looked a bit different, so I snapped a quick pic. If you check out the exhaust pipe, it looks as though this one might be testing out one of the new diesel options for the JL? Idk? But man did it take off fast! I pulled up behind and next to it at a couple lights and it launched from the line awesome! Which makes me excited to see what this option was and what it may be? The rest of the rig looked like a JK mule, but the powertrain I am pretty certain was different!

20160824_070637.jpg

JKbrick

Just figured I would share here. I was headed to work and noticed this rig just looked a bit different, so I snapped a quick pic. If you check out the exhaust pipe, it looks as though this one might be testing out one of the new diesel options for the JL? Idk? But man did it take off fast! I pulled up behind and next to it at a couple lights and it launched from the line awesome! Which makes me excited to see what this option was and what it may be? The rest of the rig looked like a JK mule, but the powertrain I am pretty certain was different!

View attachment 219314

What is under the tail light? The loop looking thing

WxNerd2015

What is under the tail light? The loop looking thing

I noticed that too. It almost looks like a mini Kryptonite bike lock.

Yeah...that I was trying to figure out too! It was a rigid piece of metal there, but I could see no use for it! Maybe Piping/tubing of some sorts? Idk what for? Beats me what it could be!

20160824_070637_crop.jpg

Here's a zoomed in shot of the diesel exhaust too!

20160824_070637_crop2.jpg

Last edited:

The Kraken

Not sure if ya guys have seen these ones yet. Can see the grille and bit of the headlights on these. Look like HID headlights?
View attachment 217114 View attachment 217116 View attachment 217117

The slots are squared off rather than rounded. I hadn't seen those pics yet.

Not real sure what to think about the the leaned back windshield and angle of the the grill. I guess it's one of those have to see in person to actually see how the whole flow of it looks uncovered.

Aztecdiver

I am interested in the diesel but dont want to trade my jeep. I have to much time and money in it. I wonder how long before they make a conversion kit.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
That exhaust tubing is just for a quick disconnect to the emission testing machines. If you look on the left side u can see the quick release for the fuel line too. You see those exhaust pipes on tons of M plates around here.

Top Bottom