I'm thinking of going to a 3 1/2 lift and I have a quick question?

mo0s3

Will it require the lowers and uppers?
I have the new driveshaft but I didn't know if I can get away with the stock lowers and uppers.
Thanks and if this was posted before sorry for the double post !

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What 3.5" lift are you getting? You do know that most kits out there yield way more than what is advertised, right? With 4" of lift or more, your caster will be off enough to warrant a correction and you will NEED at bare minimum, adjustable front lower arms to do that. Also, if you have a 2-door, your rear drive shaft will be sitting at a severe enough angle that you will NEED to replace your rear drive shaft sooner than later as well. To do that, you will NEED adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion angle.

mo0s3

What 3.5" lift are you getting? You do know that most kits out there yield way more than what is advertised, right? With 4" of lift or more, your caster will be off enough to warrant a correction and you will NEED at bare minimum, adjustable front lower arms to do that. Also, if you have a 2-door, your rear drive shaft will be sitting at a severe enough angle that you will NEED to replace your rear drive shaft sooner than later as well. To do that, you will NEED adjustable rear upper arms to set your pinion angle.

It is off my brothers jeep, he went coil overs and will give me his Front Drive shaft, new brake lines, metal cloak 3.5" with Old man Emu shocks .
The 2.5 inch lift I have now is not to good lol Clawhammer demonstrated that to me this weekend lol

lift

I have a 3.5" Rubicon Express lift and after 2.10 years have not hard to adjust anything so far. 2013 2dr Juliett Kilo.

Top Bottom