New!!!! High-steer knuckles for your JK!!!!

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Some more pics of these knuckles in their natural habitat, Moab. :)

IMG_20160831_133158497_HDR_zpszooagzte.jpg

IMG_20160831_133203405_zpsuflbutgr.jpg

IMG_20160831_133236205_HDR_zpspthbkfyn.jpg

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Some images from a recent install a buddy did :)

Side by side comparison

17101445_10203027806534163_1553070239_o_zpsnugp827q.jpg

Another shot

17149074_10203027806374159_1220485476_o_zps5rvnl8qw.jpg

He went with new Synergy ball joints, if I recall he said he got close to 50K out of his first set.

17121392_10203028167023175_901037178_o_zpse1uxveyl.jpg

Almost done!

17121637_10203028167143178_541856125_o_zps0hsjjvvk.jpg

sunnysideup

Gonna try these... ordered!

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

Got them on!
Since I had a lot of projects at once... I started last night around 6pm, worked a few hours, and then finished today around 4pm.
Replaced- Radiator, Fan, Transmission lines, Steering box (PSC-big bore), Rancho knuckles... and lots of odds and ends~ I started the knuckles about 1:30... so I think it is a couple hour job by itself.

Road Test?

I have not however been able to drive yet... had to borrow a wrench for the giant nut on the pitman arm after getting the new PSC BOX. The largest I had was 1'1/2, so I'll get it some night this week. I also have a "steering adventure" to sort out with the steering box... Long story and different thread. Lets just say... the CPU doesn't care if your "all straight" -if the wheel got turned one too many times while my son was enjoying the wheel disconnected from the steering box... :shock: Oh, Well... he did help put the bolts through the steering gear...

The Rancho knuckles add about 1/2 inch to your turn stops... not sure if I want to keep that- or grind them down a little? Did anyone else bother to shave them off, or did you leave them long?

16 inch rims seem like they will clear... it is close, but it looks like it will make it (I'm using Synergy Tie Rod and drag link and they might be a bit larger than stock).

Everything is lined up perfect... I already have a drop Track Bar bracket. So drag link and track bar are right in line with each other! They should give me great geometry!

Tie Rod is up out of the way now! That alone is piece of mind!

Good looking product, and looks like they would be hard to hurt with 37's. (I'm still on 35's... build first then add the bigger tires!)

I might need to adjust steering stabilizer a bit. Adjust the Drag Link a little, Re-set the Toe in... and I'll give a test drive and thoughts!

WJCO

Meme King
Will these work with RK pro drag link and Synergy tie rod. Also have the RK drag link.
Thanks.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using WAYALIFE mobile app

The Synergy tie rod will be fine, however, I don't see how that RK Pro drag link would work. Hopefully a member that has done it can comment. There is a similar thread here for Reid knuckles which are a very similar casting to the Rancho one, according to this thread, there may be some modification needed:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33472-Reid-knuckles-with-RK-flip-kit

That RK Pro Drag Link doesn't use a standard taper joint.

deezus

The Synergy tie rod will be fine, however, I don't see how that RK Pro drag link would work. Hopefully a member that has done it can comment. There is a similar thread here for Reid knuckles which are a very similar casting to the Rancho one, according to this thread, there may be some modification needed:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?33472-Reid-knuckles-with-RK-flip-kit

That RK Pro Drag Link doesn't use a standard taper joint.
It is a 11/16. So, ill just need to drill it out right? Im talking just for the drag link only.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using WAYALIFE mobile app

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
It is a 11/16. So, ill just need to drill it out right?

I would call Rock Krawler just to be safe. A google image confirms that it has been done before. I would definitely do your research first to be safe. The picture below is a Reid knuckle but they are extremely similar in design to the Rancho ones. Matt (Rancho) may know as well, but I assume he's at EJS right now and may not be able to respond as quick as usual.

0B1EB17A-161C-4245-B3E9-9F9701326862_zps0qsltaun.jpg

deezus

I would call Rock Krawler just to be safe. A google image confirms that it has been done before. I would definitely do your research first to be safe. The picture below is a Reid knuckle but they are extremely similar in design to the Rancho ones. Matt (Rancho) may know as well, but I assume he's at EJS right now and may not be able to respond as quick as usual.

View attachment 252823
Ty man . I think my drag will work,just needs to be drilled out. Ill wait for Matt's response as well.

Top Bottom