ProGrip Question

scull20

Dynatrac:

I'm interested in the ProGrips for my JK after getting it up on a 3" lift with 35's and finding my emergency braking to be less than stellar with the OEM brakes.

After seeing more than a handful of fantastic reviews on the ProGrips themselves as well as Dynatrac as a company I was more than intrigued.

I am curious if there is a rough life expectancy of the ProGrip pads and rotors and if there is pricing available for replacement pads and rotors for future maintenance.

I certainly understand that there are a significant number of variables involved with coming up with an average life for the pads/rotors (personal driving style, city vs. hway driving, vehicle weight, tire and rim size/weight, towing,...the list goes on, and I'm sure you guys know better than I do). That being said, I also understand that this question will very likely not have a definitive answer.

Basically, I'm looking down the line here being that I want to keep my JK for many years to come and want to be sure I'm making the right decision in the ProGrips for not only their performance but for their adaptability and life for daily driving applications.

Thanks!

-Ryan

JK_BUB

I doubt the ProGrips will help with the E-brake. It probably just needs to be adjusted, which you could easily do while installing the Pro-Grips.

scull20

I doubt the ProGrips will help with the E-brake. It probably just needs to be adjusted, which you could easily do while installing the Pro-Grips.

To clarify, by "Emergency Braking" I meant braking in an emergency situation, not using my emergency or parking brake.

WarriorJeep

Not sure if this helps but...

I am running the ProGrip system on my 2015 Rubicon, with PR44 axle as well. That said, I just finished running the TransAmerica Trail with a fully laden BCT Fort Trailer behind me (without trailer brakes) across just over 5500 dirt miles. And other than having to dig a stick out of the rear caliper, and smoking them twice with "oh shit" stops, they work and look as new. Once I grabbed the fire extinguisher just in case.
Now it's back home, no warping, and the pads as I said look new still, total miles just under 9k since install.

IMHO you can't go wrong with the ProGrip, and it reduced stopping distances dramatically.

I doubt I'll have to replace pads till I hit 100k

Just my 2 pesos

Last edited:

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I've had my ProGrips on for about 16 months now and 13k miles. I replaced the pads at 10k. I have an automatic and tend to wear out brake pads. This is the fifth set of brake pads I've worn out on it and I have 51k miles

WJCO

Meme King
Yah
I guess I have a problem. I run the Hutchinson Rock monsters and 37s (very heavy combo) and I drive in stop and go traffic most of the time.

I would jack up the Jeep and spin each wheel by hand making sure nothing is binding. Regardless of the type of brakes (but especially with ProGrips), I would say something isn't right. By chance has master cylinder or booster ever been replaced? Maybe pushrod wasn't adjusted right?

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I would jack up the Jeep and spin each wheel by hand making sure nothing is binding. Regardless of the type of brakes (but especially with ProGrips), I would say something isn't right. By chance has master cylinder or booster ever been replaced? Maybe pushrod wasn't adjusted right?

I'll check it out and report back
Thanks WJCO

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I did call Dynatrac and they said it was variable depending on driver/rig etc.
Auto versus stick

JAGS

Hooked
I did call Dynatrac and they said it was variable depending on driver/rig etc.
Auto versus stick

That sort of sucks. I would have hoped for a bit of range under "normal" conditions. I get everyone drives different, but for $1000, not the best answer.

Out of curiosity, how much is a set of pads 2 vs 4. If you don't mind answering.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
That sort of sucks. I would have hoped for a bit of range under "normal" conditions. I get everyone drives different, but for $1000, not the best answer.

Out of curiosity, how much is a set of pads 2 vs 4. If you don't mind answering.

I want to say it was $145 for all 4. Let me double check my receipt.

I wouldn't blame dynatrac. The brakes are awesome and I have only had them for 12k miles. It is probably me and not them

JAGS

Hooked
I want to say it was $145 for all 4. Let me double check my receipt.

I wouldn't blame dynatrac. The brakes are awesome and I have only had them for 12k miles. It is probably me and not them

That doesn't seem outrageous if four all four.

I'm not blaming or being critical of the product's quality. I know several folks personally who praise these brakes. Just for me personally, if I am to spend a grand, I'd want to know a bit more.

These brakes are still on the list of mods.

dillard09

So 5 set in 51k miles but how many set in the 12k that you have had the progrips?

I'm having them put on the front pr44 so kinda curious.

Top Bottom