Kayak racks !?!?

Wethy

Thx! Great pics. I think this is the only clear option for my build.
Is it easy to get on and off? I don't plan on running it full time, only when we go overlanding.

What about something like the bestop high rock overhead rack? It's a no drill and clips on to the side rails and seems somewhat easy to get on and off and then use the bar at the back for the kayak and rest it on the lightbar as well?
Some pics from Google
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462590332.903469.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462590344.019104.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462590356.487281.jpg

Not sure how it'd work with the hardtop but was like 250-350 last time I checked lol

Studfam24

What about something like the bestop high rock overhead rack? It's a no drill and clips on to the side rails and seems somewhat easy to get on and off and then use the bar at the back for the kayak and rest it on the lightbar as well?
Some pics from Google
View attachment 201997
View attachment 201998
View attachment 201999

Not sure how it'd work with the hardtop but was like 250-350 last time I checked lol

Hey that's not too bad, I need something to support a tent for overlanding though. I do like how easy that is to remove.

Wethy

Hey that's not too bad, I need something to support a tent for overlanding though. I do like how easy that is to remove.

Ha ha that's fair I didn't have time to read the whole thread but then I'm sure the gobi would be a good choice! Like previously mentioned a dive been thinking of purchasing the high rock one for my kayak and my girlfriends paddleboard and making a bar for the front. As I only have the softtop and don't want a full rack all year round

Jason12

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1462624371.298097.jpg I picked up this Yakima rack with the wind fairing for like $320. It clips onto the rain rails. Very satisfied haul my kayaks all over with no issue

RedRum

I bought a kayak today it's 38 lbs 10 ft long...I just ratcheted it on, that cool?

I wouldn't just ratchet it on I heard from a friend he cracked his windshield from over tightening the strap ... The Thule rack I got works great !

Top Bottom