Wave from Reno Nevada

bhart

I have had my 2015 JKU for about a year and want to Install a CB. Anybody have any pictures of where they located their CB?

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
With my build, I was forced to put it just to the right of the automatic gear shift console. Above the mirror was not an option while the locker controls took up that space.

bhart

I have seen the kits for the install next to the shifter, I'm hesitant to give up the leg space as I already have a trailer brake taking up space. The mirror option looks interesting. Is there a kit for that? Thanks!

JeepJeep75

Hi bhart, welcome to WAL. There are several kits to mount your CB with. I mounted mine above the windshield with the Rugged Ridge bracket. It looked kinda flimsy, but it seems to be holding the CB okay without a whole lot of vibration. I'm sure there are many other (maybe better) brackets also.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Which CB are you going to run? For most people, the Cobra 75 works just fine and the installation options are limitless. The bonus is that nobody can see it so it is much less likely to get jacked with the top off.

Coop

Caught the Bug
Welcome to WAL from Ohio! I have my CB on a Tuffy span from the windshield to the factory roll bar.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
I have had my 2015 JKU for about a year and want to Install a CB. Anybody have any pictures of where they located their CB?

So I just installed this which arrived via UPS. I have not had a chance to do a lot but it works. The gear shift lever is pretty close, but I have included some photos:

IMG_1980.jpg IMG_1981.jpg

The second photo is of my wife in the passenger seat, giving viewers an idea about spacing.

Hope this helps!

QuicksilverJK

Caught the Bug
Welcome from Reno. Mounted my 29 under the glove box, no additional bracket needed. The wife still had decent leg room, but if you have tall passengers regularly this might not be a good option. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464143929.198405.jpg

Top Bottom