Welcome to WAL.
I was thinking recently about how fast I would buy a wrangler truck (assuming it stays true to form) and that got me thinking like most other jeepers - What Jeep truck specific mods and/or aftermarket parts will there be. I thought I'd start a thread to see what ideas are out there. I'm sure there's some cool ideas out there that some of the mainstay jeep aftermarket parts companies haven't thought of. Here's some I was thinking of:
- Initially, I was thinking something like a soft top for the truck bed. Something that maintains the look and feel of a jeep soft top, but just covers the bed in case you wanted to carry stuff and keep it out of the elements.
- Tent for truck bed or platform for tent over the truck bed that leaves room beneath for cargo
- Jerry can mounts (like on the crew chief concept)
- Racks for canoes, kayaks, surfboards, skis, bikes, etc...
- Bed mounted jump seats (obviously not for street riding - more like hunting, etc...)
- Truck bed drawer system
Welcome to WAL.
WIFE'S GIRLY BUILD: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?3...-of-Compromise
WJ PROROCK44 SWAP: http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?4...roRock-44-Swap
I'd love to see a decent cabover camper for it with a shower and toilet. Definitely something I'd purchase.
As long as this thing comes with a diesel motor so I can pull my 4-door JK with the cabover camper
Rock Krawler 3.5" Mid-Flex | Pro-Comp Pro Runner Shocks | ATX Chamber Pros | 37" MT MTZs | Smitty MOD Front Bumper | Smitty 10k winch | Smitty Rear Bumper/Tire Carrier | Smitty Fender Flares | Teraflex Front/Rear Bump Stops | Dynatrac ProRock 44 Unlimited | ARB Locker | ARB onboard air | Rock Lights | G2 4.88 Gear | Dynatrac Rear Diff | EVO Front Coilovers | Currie Front AntiRock
Manual locking hubs in the front and full float axle in the rear. You should be able to get a lot more gear (weight) in the rear of this thing than you can the JK so I'd take care of those axles first or you're gonna have a lot of bent axle flanges.