1997 TJ Fog Light Fuse.

A8lynch

I have a 1997 TJ and for some reason my fog light fuse in my fuse box just keep blowing out every time i turn the fog lights on. It has a 20A fuse in it right now. I was told that i have to much current running through the lines which i believe to be true. I am just unsure about my options to fix my problem. Anyone else know how to fix it or had this problem themselves? Thank You

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to WAL.

You mean fog light circuit is drawing too many amps? Putting a bigger fuse in is not the way to fix it. I would start by pulling one bulb at a time and then hitting the switch and see if fuse blows. Or pull both bulbs and hit the switch. This will at least isolate the parts of the circuit. Any corrosion or rub-through near bulbs, wires, or fuse? Is this something that just started or it's been like that for a long time?

A8lynch

Welcome to WAL.

You mean fog light circuit is drawing too many amps? Putting a bigger fuse in is not the way to fix it. I would start by pulling one bulb at a time and then hitting the switch and see if fuse blows. Or pull both bulbs and hit the switch. This will at least isolate the parts of the circuit. Any corrosion or rub-through near bulbs, wires, or fuse? Is this something that just started or it's been like that for a long time?

I have not put a bigger fuse in nor did i plan to. We checked the bulbs, lamps, and wires up to the first connector from the lamp itself which is only about a foot of wire not far. I will pull both bulbs and see if the fuse blows and start from there. thanks again

Top Bottom