Method Standard 8.5 vs 9 width

SoCalDozer

Thinking about buying a new set of wheels and not sure which width to go with the 8.5 would be fine but has 4.75 backspacing vs the 9 which has 4.5 backspacing.
I generally like the wider stance but its not a killer for me by any means since it will have to be cali legal once I move back out there. As far as tires it will probably be going with a set of 285/70's
for now since I will be using my 3.21 gears for awhile and since its so flat here in florida lol. might even go 265's but not sure if I want to go that small.
My main thoughts are on the backspacing difference and if you guys think it would make a difference down the road once I will be hitting the trails again and go to 35's or 37's

Napalm

I had the 8.5s on my Jeep and they worked fine with 35s and I'm sure they would have been fine with 37s.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463245846.123585.jpg

SoCalDozer

No prob. They are great wheels, the company has good customer service and the wheels are solid.

Thats what I am wanting this time. My last set of wheels were one of discount tires brands and the coating started coming off after about 25k miles. they offered me 50% off a new set of wheels since they were discontinued and I didnt take it, oh well.
I want a solid set this time around.

Napalm

Thats what I am wanting this time. My last set of wheels were one of discount tires brands and the coating started coming off after about 25k miles. they offered me 50% off a new set of wheels since they were discontinued and I didnt take it, oh well.
I want a solid set this time around.

While DT does make some great wheels, the Methods are a great choice as well!

Top Bottom