WJ Fender Flares

ckenney318

I know this is probably a type of question youd rather have people not ask here, but does anyone have pics of a WJ with 245/75/16 tires and bushwacker fender flares? Or opinions on if it would look sttange. I was thinking of doing this with 1.5inch wheel spacers, but there arent pics of it on google that i could find.
Another question is: is there an alternative to fender flares (homemade ones) that dont look like garbage? I recently shaved some bark off a tree with my rear wheel well on the trails...

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Not data on your acutal question but why do you think that it shouldn't be asked here?

WJCO

Meme King
Welcome to WAL. See ty Mitchell's build thread. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?32432-01WJ-build
He did something similar but I think he started at a 2 inch lift. He has 33s now. The only other flares I know of are Iceland flares, they are fiberglass and look to be more of a pain in the ass to install. To the best of my knowledge, they were discontinued but you can still get them through various 3rd party sellers.

Last edited:

ckenney318

Not data on your acutal question but why do you think that it shouldn't be asked here?

Because a lot of the time i know on forums there will be people who just ask "do you think so and so will work with this or look good", which really bothers some and always ends with "how about you do a 2 second google search or read one of the thousand other threads asking this". ...was just hoping i didnt set off one of those people lol

ckenney318

Welcome to WAL. See ty Mitchell's build thread. http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?32432-01WJ-build
He did something similar but I think he started at a 2 inch lift. He has 33s now. The only other flares I know of are Iceland flares, they are fiberglass and look to be more of a pain in the ass to install. To the best of my knowledge, they were discontinued but you can still get them through various 3rd party sellers.

Thanks ill check that out. Ya there was someone selling Iceland flares on craigslist near me but theyre just too much and im not too fond of the look honestly

WJCO

Meme King
Thanks ill check that out. Ya there was someone selling Iceland flares on craigslist near me but theyre just too much and im not too fond of the look honestly

I swore I would never buy the bushwhackers, but I always liked the way they looked, just didn't want to pay the price. But the more I see them, I plan to do them. Hoping very soon too.

WJCO

Meme King
Because a lot of the time i know on forums there will be people who just ask "do you think so and so will work with this or look good", which really bothers some and always ends with "how about you do a 2 second google search or read one of the thousand other threads asking this". ...was just hoping i didnt set off one of those people lol

That only happens here when someone acts like a jackass. As far as looks, it's your Jeep, do what makes you happy. People here will publicly denounce a shitty product though, as they should. No sense not bringing it out in the open.

ckenney318

That only happens here when someone acts like a jackass. As far as looks, it's your Jeep, do what makes you happy. People here will publicly denounce a shitty product though, as they should. No sense not bringing it out in the open.

True i guess a big part of it is not getting offended when someone DISLIKES with the way something may look. its an opinion. And the bushwackers bring me to another question. How much are they really? Because ive seen them for 200 and then some for 500. Not sure if ones a rip off or just different models for the wj. Im pretty sure on the bushwacker website they were somewhere between 200 and 300 tho

WJCO

Meme King
True i guess a big part of it is not getting offended when someone DISLIKES with the way something may look. its an opinion. And the bushwackers bring me to another question. How much are they really? Because ive seen them for 200 and then some for 500. Not sure if ones a rip off or just different models for the wj. Im pretty sure on the bushwacker website they were somewhere between 200 and 300 tho

They're all between 500-600, trust me. The 200 dollar ones are just for the front or rear. Match up the part numbers and you'll see that. My original thought was why pay 500 just for looks? You can trim your fenders for free if you're having clearance issues. But the more I look at them, the more I like them.

ckenney318

They're all between 500-600, trust me. The 200 dollar ones are just for the front or rear. Match up the part numbers and you'll see that. My original thought was why pay 500 just for looks? You can trim your fenders for free if you're having clearance issues. But the more I look at them, the more I like them.

Looks like i shouldve jumped on those $140 craigslist Iceland flares....

Top Bottom