Aftermarket Battery Terminals?

jeeeep

Hooked
my nephew is a fan of lots of audio and the sky highs, they seem to work really well and handle all the connections.
they are on my list when the time comes.

WJCO

Meme King
Installed! Boy, this is one of those mods you look at and think 'I wish I had done this a long time ago.' Truthfully, my first impressions were that there was no way that one side alenn screw would hold the terminal on, but it does. Tight as can be. The ones I actually ordered had a pinch seam cut so the bolt would tighten the aluminum on the terminal post just like any other pinch terminal. I didn't receive that though. But I got to thinking, Aluminum is pretty rigid and usually doesn't bend much or it breaks. So maybe the company realized that and re-designed them. Either way, the small allen screw works fine. The wires secure fine in the terminal bores. The install took about an hour but I was very meticulous in cleaning all the corrosion off the wires and cutting the insulation back to ensure fresh copper. I truly hope these work out for the longterm. First impressions, I am very happy with them. I did ensure my winch, lights, and goodies all work. And now I have 3 extra spots for a welder and compressor. I'll keep you guys posted (no pun intended) if anything changes.

DSC03618.JPG

DSC03620.JPG

DSC03621.JPG

EDIT: One failed on me and the company blamed me for the failure. Sky High Car Audio does not stand behind their products: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...tery-Terminals?p=917456&viewfull=1#post917456

Last edited:

robthebuilderer

Very nice setup WJCO! We've been running this set up for more than 2 years now...picked up most of it from the local West Marine...battery terminals from Prime 4x4 running winch, lights, electric fans, etc.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463919728.263175.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463919749.917282.jpg
Running a separate Blue Sea circuit and fuse block in the center console for compressor, amp, switches, etc. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463920002.829029.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463920035.164169.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463920156.338848.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1463920348.807651.jpg

Warebear

Well this is an awesome thread. I've been wondering this myself, and am in need of a better option. Just finished a 4000 mile road trip to the Keys and back, and had the "dashboard Christmas tree", which I learned all leads back to poor connections at the battery.

WJCO

Meme King
Very nice setup WJCO! We've been running this set up for more than 2 years now...picked up most of it from the local West Marine...battery terminals from Prime 4x4 running winch, lights, electric fans, etc.

Running a separate Blue Sea circuit and fuse block in the center console for compressor, amp, switches, etc.

Good setup.

Well this is an awesome thread. I've been wondering this myself, and am in need of a better option. Just finished a 4000 mile road trip to the Keys and back, and had the "dashboard Christmas tree", which I learned all leads back to poor connections at the battery.

That's the issue I had. During a voltage drop test, the meter changed a ton when I move the cable coming out of the positive terminal. I figured this would be the perfect time to expand the circuit for future mods.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466810605.695366.jpg

I ordered the ones from Quadratec, last week, and installed them, today. Time to hook up the ARB compressor, but it will have to wait until next weekend. Getting married, tomorrow.

WJCO

Meme King
I ordered the ones from Quadratec, last week, and installed them, today. Time to hook up the ARB compressor, but it will have to wait until next weekend. Getting married, tomorrow.

Congrats, man. And you'll love having the extra circuit space with the new terminals.

WJCO

Meme King
Thats a really clean setup. I noticed you're running the Deka AGM battery. How has that worked for you? My local battery shop sells them and recommended them because they don't carry Odyssey.

Thanks. I've only had it less than a year, but so far so good.

EDIT: One failed on me and the company blamed me for the failure. Sky High Car Audio does not stand behind their products: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...tery-Terminals?p=917456&viewfull=1#post917456

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Just an update. These things are still working great. I've removed these terminals about 10 times for repairs and welding on other parts of the vehicle, and each time I reconnect, the Allen screw fastens it just fine. So far, so good.

EDIT: After a year, one failed on me and the company blamed me for the failure. Sky High Car Audio does not stand behind their products: https://wayalife.com/showthread.php...tery-Terminals?p=917456&viewfull=1#post917456

Last edited:
Top Bottom