Shocks

JK_Dahm

I'm installing a 2.5" Teraflex lift kit on my 2 door wrangler. However I'm still undecided on the shocks that I want too run I'm stuck between the Teraflex shocks and the Fox 2.0 shocks. Any opinions on quality of ride or why one is better than another would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I'm installing a 2.5" Teraflex lift kit on my 2 door wrangler. However I'm still undecided on the shocks that I want too run I'm stuck between the Teraflex shocks and the Fox 2.0 shocks. Any opinions on quality of ride or why one is better than another would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!!

Please don't waste your money on a set of Teraflex shocks. They really are nothing more than old school hydros and really aren't anything to write home about. Fox 2.0's are nice but they are also pricey. If those were my only choices, I would go with the Fox.

Ausjeep113

Please don't waste your money on a set of Teraflex shocks. They really are nothing more than old school hydros and really aren't anything to write home about. Fox 2.0's are nice but they are also pricey. If those were my only choices, I would go with the Fox.

Hey mate, couldn't have said it better myself. I've run both and it's a night and day difference between the two.
Fox would be your best bet.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Have you looked at their extensions? If you like the over all ride comfort of your JKU getting the extensions will keep it how it rides now and they less expensive than getting new shocks.

and Welcome to WAL!

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug

Spacer lift or springs? Just so your aware, TeraFlex springs are very stiff and ride harsh. Some like that type of ride, and nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't want to pair a stiff spring with a stiff shock.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Have you looked at their extensions? If you like the over all ride comfort of your JKU getting the extensions will keep it how it rides now and they less expensive than getting new shocks.

and Welcome to WAL!

This ^^^ But, they're only good to use with their coil spacers. If you're running their coils, you'll get well over 3" of lift out of them and the extensions won't be enough.

Spacer lift or springs? Just so your aware, TeraFlex springs are very stiff and ride harsh. Some like that type of ride, and nothing wrong with that, but I wouldn't want to pair a stiff spring with a stiff shock.

Springs, harsh meaning stiff?

Harsh as in stiff, too firm or that they'll let you know of every bump in the road.

Nimbo

I have the teraflex 2.5" lift and couldn't wait to get rid of the teraflex shocks as I found them really average, I got the Rancho RS9000XLs and THEY are a NICE SHOCK!

Top Bottom