Building a Dynatrac Prorock 44. What options?

Dubaibentzen

I am just about the get a Dynatrac Prorock 44, but all the options are a bit overwhelming...

My plans are 5.13, for my 37" tyres, but most of the rest I am not really sure of what I need. Input and experience from others needed thanks :thumb:

- Locker: Can I start with open carrier, and add a locker at a later stage?

- Balljoints: I am thinking of putting in Dynatrac., but are they worth the extra money compared to Synergy?

- Gear Ratio: 5.13 - I am sure this is what I want for my 37" tires.

- Yoke : 1350, this will fit my J.E.Reel 1350 front driveshaft.

- Axle configuration: RCV or Motive Gear shafts???

- Knuckles: Reuse stock or get REID knuckles??

- Trackbar bracket: Stock height or welded on raised height?

I have 3" Enforcer lift kit with the Draglink flip kit... Do I need the raised height for the trackbar?
Most of my offroad driving is in the sand dunes, and the 4 door will also be used as a daily driver.

So far this build will cost about 5400$ so any adjustments I would like to clear out before making the order.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I am just about the get a Dynatrac Prorock 44, but all the options are a bit overwhelming...

My plans are 5.13, for my 37" tyres, but most of the rest I am not really sure of what I need. Input and experience from others needed thanks :thumb:

- Locker: Can I start with open carrier, and add a locker at a later stage?

- Balljoints: I am thinking of putting in Dynatrac., but are they worth the extra money compared to Synergy?

- Gear Ratio: 5.13 - I am sure this is what I want for my 37" tires.

- Yoke : 1350, this will fit my J.E.Reel 1350 front driveshaft.

- Axle configuration: RCV or Motive Gear shafts???

- Knuckles: Reuse stock or get REID knuckles??

- Trackbar bracket: Stock height or welded on raised height?

I have 3" Enforcer lift kit with the Draglink flip kit... Do I need the raised height for the trackbar?
Most of my offroad driving is in the sand dunes, and the 4 door will also be used as a daily driver.

So far this build will cost about 5400$ so any adjustments I would like to clear out before making the order.

You can't start with an open carrier as far as I know. Just add the arb and don't use it. It will be an open carrier when not in use.

Do the pro steers. They are worth it.

Yes 5.13's are good.

Yes the 1350 yoke is what you want to match your driveshaft

Do the chromoly shafts. They are cheaper but just as strong. Now the shaft becomes the weak point over the ring and pinion. Would rather replace a shaft over a ring gear on the trail.

Reuse the stock knuckles unless you want to spend extra money on some orange knuckles.

Since you already have the DL flip get the stock height trackbar bracket.

dillard09

I just went through some of the same things building mine. Give Drew at ORE a call he can lead you in the right direction. Or the guys at TrailJeep. I have never used them but have heard nothing but good things about them.

Last edited:

Ddays

Hooked
^^ I second all of this. I did get the Reid knuckles before I realized I really don't need them. Look at all the Jeeps running stock. Rubicat, Moby, Coz, etc. You can always paint the stock ones orange. ;) You didn't mention which tubes you're getting. Spend the extra & get the unlimited assy with the thicker tubes. Money well spent there.

I don't mean to spend someone else's money, but while you're at it, a PSC steering system would be a nice addition. Not totally necessary mind you, but it really makes the Jeep drive nice. Set up correctly you can steer with one finger at freeway speeds. You can always wait & see if the stock system shits the bed over time & do it then.

Coop

Caught the Bug
You can't start with an open carrier as far as I know. Just add the arb and don't use it. It will be an open carrier when not in use.

Do the pro steers. They are worth it.

Yes 5.13's are good.

Yes the 1350 yoke is what you want to match your driveshaft

Do the chromoly shafts. They are cheaper but just as strong. Now the shaft becomes the weak point over the ring and pinion. Would rather replace a shaft over a ring gear on the trail.

Reuse the stock knuckles unless you want to spend extra money on some orange knuckles.

Since you already have the DL flip get the stock height trackbar bracket.

What cozdude said^^^^ Definitely put the locker in.
I used 10 Factory shafts.
I went with the Dynatrac ball joints as they are tough and rebuildable. I would say that the raised height track bar bracket isn't a bad option. It is drilled for stock height and has several positions above that. I had this added. The welding was superb and I have options for the future.

Last edited:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What cozdude said^^^^ Definitely put the locker in.
I used 10 Factory shafts.
I went with the Dynatrac ball joints as they are tough and rebuildable. I would say that the raised height track bar bracket isn't a bad option. It is drilled for stock height and has several positions above that. I had this added. The welding was superb and I have options for the future.

I would agree on the trackbar bracket but as he mentioned he already has the drag link flip kit from Evo so he doesn't need to pay the extra for the raised trackbar bracket thru Dynatrac

Exodus 4x4

I would agree on the trackbar bracket but as he mentioned he already has the drag link flip kit from Evo so he doesn't need to pay the extra for the raised trackbar bracket thru Dynatrac

Isn't the raised bracket standard? I think when I ordered mine from Trail Jeeps Tim told me it was, or maybe Trail Jeeps just order their stock that way.

Ddays

Hooked
Isn't the raised bracket standard? I think when I ordered mine from Trail Jeeps Tim told me it was, or maybe Trail Jeeps just order their stock that way.

I believe you are correct. Mine came from blankblankblankblank (pre-cinematic copy-cat days) with the bracket welded on. If you are getting a new axle I would think
the welded on bracket would be a better option especially if you are thinking of going to a hydro steering system in the future.

benatc1

Hooked
I did unlimited housing, raised trackbar bracket, ARB, prosteers, and ended up with RCV shafts. if you can swing the money do the locker when it's built to save on the labor later. I tried getting G2 u joint style shafts as that's what Trailjeeps had available(or rcv), they were having fitment issues with the 35spilne and again recommended and eventually sold me RCVS as its a shaft that's built for the pr44 and 35spline ARB. I didn't want to go this direction originally due to much that I've read here but so far haven't had a single issue or looked back on any of it. TrailJeeps did an outstanding job on my build as well, they are top notch!

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

Will the EVO bracket work on the PR44 tube?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

I believe you are correct. Mine came from blankblankblankblank (pre-cinematic copy-cat days) with the bracket welded on. If you are getting a new axle I would think
the welded on bracket would be a better option especially if you are thinking of going to a hydro steering system in the future.
It is not standard, the raised bracket is an option.
Yes there is as I run it lol. There is a pr44 bracket and a standard d44/30 bracket.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug

Yes there is as I run it lol. There is a pr44 bracket and a standard d44/30 bracket.

Good to know. :thumb: All useful info if/when I go to a PR44 up front. Hopefully the stock 44 treats me well.

Ddays

Hooked

Makes sense. The photo on Dynatracs' website shows a standard bracket.

Is the EVO bracket compatible with the hydro boost systems?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Makes sense. The photo on Dynatracs' website shows a standard bracket.

Is the EVO bracket compatible with the hydro boost systems?

I don't see it wouldn't be since you need to weld tabs onto the bracket anyway.

Benito

Caught the Bug

When I was ordering mine I looked at NR4x4 and Trail Jeeps. NR offered the weld on synergy bracket while TJs offers the housing that has a raised tracbar bracket from dynatrac. I went with TJs because NR has to sell you the synergy bracket and install it so you pay that on top of the housing vs just the housing that you buy from TJs. I also went with Reid knuckles which then caused issues when I wanted to install my hydro assist as the dyntrac tracbar bracket has a small surface area to weld the tabs for hydro assist. I ordered PSC Kit from TJs at the same time and they sent it out with tabs that would have worked with the dynatrac bracket but with the Reid knuckles that Tierod sits right in front where the tabs would have to be welded. If I would have got the housing from NR the synergy bracket is a lot bigger in the front and I wouldn't have ran into this issue. Knowing all this I would still go with what I got because it was still leas expensive to do the modification I had to make then ordering from NR. I didn't look any further than those two venders when I was shopping so this was my experience.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I don't see it wouldn't be since you need to weld tabs onto the bracket anyway.

I had the EVO bolt on tb bracket for my pr44. It's a nice option to make it easier. It is in multiple pieces that bolt to the stock pr44 bracket. When time came for hydro wasn't comfortable using the bolt on bracket being in multiple pieces so welded on a raised synergy bracket. If u plan to go hydro I'd get the raised bracket welded on. If u have the enforcer kit that was made for the stock axle you will need the pr44 bracket from evo anyway, might as well just get the raised one welded on.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I had the EVO bolt on tb bracket for my pr44. It's a nice option to make it easier. It is in multiple pieces that bolt to the stock pr44 bracket. When time came for hydro wasn't comfortable using the bolt on bracket being in multiple pieces so welded on a raised synergy bracket. If u plan to go hydro I'd get the raised bracket welded on. If u have the enforcer kit that was made for the stock axle you will need the pr44 bracket from evo anyway, might as well just get the raised one welded on.

Or you can do what I did and just weld the Evo bracket onto the axle just like you had to do with the other one. Just double up the strength by having it bolted and welded on.

Top Bottom