Rancho 3inch Trail System input

xxJWPxx

Does anyone have any feedback on the Rancho 3inch Trail System Lift? I'm in the market for a lift for my 4 door Mojave Sand that is arriving soon and the completeness of this kit plus the rebate that Rancho has going right now has me looking into it further. I'll be running 35inch tires and Rancho 7000 shocks. Jeep is mostly a daily driver but will see trail time as well.

Kit RS66107B includes: Coil springs, front adjustable track bar, extended length front sway bar end link, front and rear bump stop spacer, front and rear adjustable lower control arms, front extended length brake lines, rear brake line drop brackets, rear track bar bracket.

Any input would be appreciated.

JK_BUB

I had the Rancho arms and they squeaked like crazy. I took them apart multiple times, greased them, put them back together, and as soon as I went off-road they would squeak again. Drove me crazy! Also, my rear springs sagged down nearly to the bump stops. I am happy, however, with the RS9000 shocks. I switched everything but the shocks out for MC and love it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's a good 3" lift and really, ANY control arm with polyurethane bushings WILL squeak if you don't maintain them. Using the RIGHT kind of grease on INSTALL will do wonders to help prevent squeaking. As far as coil sag goes, any coil that offers a nice ride WILL sag when loaded up. You can either install coil spacers to help make up the difference or you can run a stiffer coil. For the price and for what you get, I would still recommend the kit or the one that comes without the control arms.

Rancho

Caught the Bug
If your springs are sagging (info for the future) we offer a limited lifetime warranty

:beer:

http://www.gorancho.com/warranty-guarantee/

This system is one we use in Moab at a rental company called Twisted Jeeps, the feedback they give us and more importantly the customer, is that they love it.

Another option is look at the 3" SPORT with the progressive spring PN RS66110B and add our arms or the arms of your choice. Or if you want to wait a bit, go with our control arm correction brackets (PN RS6250B).

What ever option you decide, don't forget the rebate!!!
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

If you do the install yourself, save all UPC's they are needed for the rebate process.

xxJWPxx

If your springs are sagging (info for the future) we offer a limited lifetime warranty

:beer:

http://www.gorancho.com/warranty-guarantee/

This system is one we use in Moab at a rental company called Twisted Jeeps, the feedback they give us and more importantly the customer, is that they love it.

Another option is look at the 3" SPORT with the progressive spring PN RS66110B and add our arms or the arms of your choice. Or if you want to wait a bit, go with our control arm correction brackets (PN RS6250B).

What ever option you decide, don't forget the rebate!!!
http://www.gorancho.com/promotions/

If you do the install yourself, save all UPC's they are needed for the rebate process.

What Rancho RS7000 Shock model number works best with the 3" Rancho lift?

What's the advantage of the progressive spring vs the standard one?

Rancho

Caught the Bug
Look to PN
RS7329 (front)
RS7330 (rear)

(Taken from the Interwebs below with me adding more info here and there )

Linear
: The biggest advantage for these is the price point. They are the entry level spring option (not to say it is a "bad" thing FYI). The disadvantage is that its would set spring rate. If its too soft, it will feel great on the road but offer very poor handling, especially on highway speeds and too much travel on the trail. If they are too stiff they might be better on the trail and highway speed handling but will not be comfortable on the road.

Progressive:
progressive springs try to address the varying spring rate issue depending on the driving taken place. If your on the highway or on the trail more of the spring is compressing onto each other (this is at the top of the coil) and firming up the spring rate, providing a stiffer more stable ride. If your going slower and around town driving, less of the spring is compressed and its a softer more comfortable ride. The only disadvantage with progressive springs is that a lot of the stress is put on the last couple of coils. Over time poor quality springs will lose tension on those coils and will begin to sag.

What Rancho RS7000 Shock model number works best with the 3" Rancho lift?

What's the advantage of the progressive spring vs the standard one?

Top Bottom