Wave from queens NYC (even though here only a few wave back)

BLAZEPET

Hi my name is BLAZE and I've lived in queens my my entire life but was always drawn to the country every chance I get I go up to the sticks and love every minute of it. I've always been into off-roading of some sort my father and family own upwards of 400 acres of baron land that I go and relax every chance I get. We own atvs, side by sides mules, and 4 snow mobiles needless to say I love anything with a motor in it.

I've always been drawn to jeeps taking my cousins whenever I wanted to but never pulled the trigger to get my own because of the space in the trunk, no existent. I was given the opportunity to buy my grandfathers near mint 99 Ford Explorer and I jumped on It and of corse had 33" bfgs on it ASAP and lifted it 3 inches all around it got me through 6 brutal winters and NEVER got stuck. Last year she started to leak a lot and figured 190,000 miles she dosent owe me anything.

Last year I got married to my hs girlfriend of 16 years and we went to grand cayman for our honeymoon absolutely amazing time one thing I said from when we booked it was I'm renting a jeep I don't care what else happens I want a wrangler. We rented an unlimited sport nothing special and when I saw it I said to myself, this will never fit our bags and when the fit without the seats down I was sold for the next week I had the top down (had to watch a YouTube video on the proper way of putting it down lol) the entire time. I put 1600 miles on it in a week yeah only a few tanks of gas at about 90 dollars a tank screw it you only live once. When we got home I started my search and shopped around dealer to dealer no one had exactly what I wanted so I ordered my own the exact way I want.

2015 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS WHEELER
TANK
ALPINE SYSTEM
DUAL TOP
POWER PACKAGE

I CANT TELL YOU HOW MUCH I LOVE MY JEEP

Now I look forward to meeting fellow jeepers and looking for places to do some off-roading around the tri state area NY SUCKS FOR OFFROADING I even went to the extent of purchasing the fishing pass so we can take her on the beach that the extent of what we have, legally anyway.

I look forward to sharing any info I have and gathering and learning from you guys here

thanks for listening

dillard09

Welcome to the family from the left coast. Great story on how you came to know your new jeep. Thanks for sharing.

BLAZEPET

Welcome to Wayalife! Keep an eye out for threads with trips to Rausch creek

I will keep my eyes open for runs Cozdude I was just looking at that place online and I know there's a run Saturday wich I just might join if other plans fall through

Thank you everyone for the warm welcome I truly do feel it's a WAY OF LIFE today in the day of YouTube Facebook insta snapchat and whatever other social media tools people use people forgot how to have hobbies without using their phone or tablet or computer or smart tv. People don't socialize anymore face to face and I believe there's no better way to get people together than their automobiles.

I'm 33 years old and when I started driving we would cruise "the boulevard" (Francis Lewis Blvd if anyone knows queens) until the sun came up and there was traffic on a 3 mile street I believe we topped out at 84 miles one night just "cruising". Today on a Saturday night you can go there at 9 pm which was the start of the night and you'd think it was a holiday DEAD. but even though no one drives around we still have meets just to show off our rigs muscle cars rice burners trucks and of corse JEEPS.

It really is sad that no one knows how to interact anymore wich is why I love forums and most recent WAL yeah it may start on a computer but it goes deeper than that I just wish there were more meet ups around my Neck of the woods.

So no matter if the other person waves back I'll still wave at all wranglers and even other rigs that I see like to get dirty even if they look at me like they are too good to return the wave. Ohh and I also look for a JEEP to park next to in a parking lot even if I'm walking a little more.

I'll definitely grab me some stickers to support the cause, thanks again!

Top Bottom