Condoms, tampons and feces: Oregon fraternity suspended after trashing Shasta Lake

Scrambler

That's Greek life for ya.

Greek life always gets a bad rap and is thrown into the spot light all the time. I was apart of Greek life and was a founding father of my fraternity and you would never see this type of stuff from any of the Greek life on campus! Hell you would see it more from the athletes than you would Greeks. People like you saying "that's Greek life for ya" just helps fuel the fire. I bet if it was normal students you wouldn't hear about something like this in the news.

I, too, was a part of this "Greek Life" and I can assure you that this type of thing never happened in our fraternity. So I wouldn't lump this into a common occurrence that happens with functions. This is just a bunch of dumbasses that have no respect for anything.

Byte

The greek organizations are generally populated by more right leaning/conservative people rather than safe space whining leftists. The me me me entitlement mentality seems to span the sociopolitical gap, however. A lot of idontgiveashititis too. Sad to see this sort of irresponsible behavior from anybody though really. Just a sad testament to the direction this world is slowly sliding...down the crapper. :bummed:

Chad

Sad thing is that this kinda stuff has been going on forever. Ever seen photos of Woodstock? :shock: Its similar to that at any outdoor concert.
After home Steeler games at Heinz Field they have crews that wear backpack blowers and line up starting at the top of the stadium and just blow all of the shit
to the bottom. Sounds like a swarm of big ass bees for hours down there.

Groups of people are just slobs.

Yup. These are the same assholes who leave their trash in movie theatres after a movie. Is it really that hard to pick up after yourself? This country is turning into a bunch of lazy, entitled assholes.

cmireles

Greek life always gets a bad rap and is thrown into the spot light all the time. I was apart of Greek life and was a founding father of my fraternity and you would never see this type of stuff from any of the Greek life on campus! Hell you would see it more from the athletes than you would Greeks. People like you saying "that's Greek life for ya" just helps fuel the fire. I bet if it was normal students you wouldn't hear about something like this in the news.

To be fair, this statement really holds true for all the younger generations. You see on social media all the time about how teens and young twenty-somethings bringing a disgraceful future to our society. Like you say, it's the really bad stories that hit the news and on the broader scale, hurts our image as a whole.

To your point about Greek life, yes, not all frats and sororities are ugly like this. But, I have had enough experiences within the past 4 years to form quite a negatively biased opinion towards these folk.

toxicwaste29

I'm 22 and from the time I've grown up its terrible seeing the places I visited as a kid now covered in trash and graffiti. Hopefully the law does the right thing with fees and penalties.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
This is sad! One fraternity suspended with a strong memo to follow and the taxpayers pick up the tab for another toxic waste site clean up.

Top Bottom