Between STL and KC

FNGsport

I live almost right between STL and KC in a little town called Waynesville. I know of 1 good sized Off Road park about an hour away from me, but I'm wanting to venture out a bit. My wife is flying to Cali at the end of July for the weekend I know we still got a month, but any of the STL or KC guys want to plan something or get together and show me some cool spots your all's way? I'm down to pack a tent, some beer, fishing gear (just incase) and venture out for the weekend. 29 Jul - 1 Aug. I have a couple jeep buddies here who may also be down to go.

Slavens

Caught the Bug
Awww I read that all wrong..lol. Well congrats on the 1st child that's awesome! I was under the impression you wanted to wheel in Cali

Stotch

Caught the Bug
Anywhere in Mark Twain forest is fun, we just did Glade Top Trail recently. I've heard SMORR is great, but I haven't made it out yet. If you came to SMORR I could gather a few Springfield guys to join.

FNGsport

Anywhere in Mark Twain forest is fun, we just did Glade Top Trail recently. I've heard SMORR is great, but I haven't made it out yet. If you came to SMORR I could gather a few Springfield guys to join.

I know of Flat Nasty, but I haven't been out to SMORR. Let's shoot for it and try to get some people in. Once we know how many want to partake we can plan accordingly. I'm about an hour from Springfield. Whatever day(s) work best for everybody.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
There are a number of places within a couple hours from you SMORR, Flat Nasty, and Washita being the most notable. I haven't been to those places yet, but would be interested to go if something is planned.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
I know of Flat Nasty, but I haven't been out to SMORR. Let's shoot for it and try to get some people in. Once we know how many want to partake we can plan accordingly. I'm about an hour from Springfield. Whatever day(s) work best for everybody.

Alright, I'll ask around a bit.

FNGsport

There are a number of places within a couple hours from you SMORR, Flat Nasty, and Washita being the most notable. I haven't been to those places yet, but would be interested to go if something is planned.

Just subscribe to the post and as we figure out the 5 W's we can all be updated. Seeing as it seems most of us haven't been there I would recommend doing a little research on the location, food, camping (if it's the plan), fuel (I have a 5 gal for extra fuel), etc. easy to plan for.

Stotch

Caught the Bug
FYI SMORR:

1 day pass:
$25 per vehicle and driver $5 per passenger
2 day pass:
$45 per vehicle and driver $10 per passenger
(SAVE $5.00)
3 day pass:
$60 per vehicle and driver $15 per passenger
(SAVE $15)
4 day pass:
$75 per vehicle and driver $20 per passenger(SAVE $25)
Spectator/Hanging out at the park all day
$5 dollars per person per day.

Tent Camping
(Sleeping in truck, Pop Ups with no electric)
$10 per tent a night (up to 6 man tent)
$20 per tent a night (7-14 man tent)
Electric Site Camping:
30amp $25 per night
50amp $30 per night
Generator Camping
per night $15
At this time primitive and generator sites are first come first serve.

They have a site too, just google it. Looks like they're open that weekend though.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
Ill be out at Flat Nasty next weekend and SMORR a couple weeks after that. I am staying at the nearby hotels, so I can let you how that goes.

Mikelang

Depending on when and where, I would be down to join. I live between STL and KC and have been wanting to get out and hit some trails. Never been to any of the local parks.

I've been to all of them and SMORR is what I would recommend for a weekend trip. Was just there last weekend for the third time. I've never had a bad time there and Brandon (the proprietor) is good people.

A few of the guys that we rode with last weekend back at camp.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464316479.719923.jpg

BdugJK

Sounds like this is going to be an awesome time. Too bad that is my weekend to work :banged: Hope you guys get it all set up and have a great time.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I've been to all of them and SMORR is what I would recommend for a weekend trip. Was just there last weekend for the third time. I've never had a bad time there and Brandon (the proprietor) is good people.

A few of the guys that we rode with last weekend back at camp.
View attachment 205289

I posted on your build thread yesterday after checking out your recent trip to SMORR you posted. looked awesome! Ill be down there in a few weeks but don't think I'll be hitting those 4 or 5's since I will be alone, unless I find someone to tag along with. I don't even know if I am ready yet for some of those trails, looks like the place is pretty serious.

BlackHawk08jk

I live in Springfield mo. There is a great park called SMORR(southern Missouri off-road ranch) down this way, if interested I would wheel with you there. It's not to far for me so just let me know

BlackHawk08jk

I posted on your build thread yesterday after checking out your recent trip to SMORR you posted. looked awesome! Ill be down there in a few weeks but don't think I'll be hitting those 4 or 5's since I will be alone, unless I find someone to tag along with. I don't even know if I am ready yet for some of those trails, looks like the place is pretty serious.

Let me know when your headed out there and I'll see if I can make it with you. It's a short drive for me to get there.

Top Bottom