Trail conditions? Denver area. Spring Creek and Cascade Creek

Petzl88

Has anyone been up Spring Creek or Cascade Creek recently? I'm wondering if you can complete Spring Creek or if the snow is still too deep. I called the Rangers office and they had no intel.

Has anyone been up any other trails up there recently by Idaho Springs/Georgetown? Thanks!

R

RockyMtnAnvil

I've got a buddy that lives in the area. He hasn't attempted either, but stated that they still have snow on the ground @ 8,500 feet. Hopefully, someone has given it a go as I'm interested as well.

GraniteCrystal

Trail damage has trail reports for Spring Creek in late May of 2003, 2004, and 2006 so that seems hopeful. No guarantee obviously.

Petzl88

Thanks guys. We looked at the old Trail Damage reports from May of years past and it doesn't look bad, but this spring has been kind of crazy.

CoolGuy12

We tried cascade creek, but several of the legs still had tons of snow (above 10,000'). We couldn't make it to the top of spring creek (from either direction). It was a beautiful day though!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1464560221.478991.jpg

jkuone

Had some friends up at spring creek today, the upper half of trail is still not open. Damn snow...

Jeep Bro 08

Does anyone know if its worth taking my jeep to Silverton Co ,Telluride area next week i wana go up in the mountains or is there still too much snow

boardsurfer

Does anyone know if its worth taking my jeep to Silverton Co ,Telluride area next week i wana go up in the mountains or is there still too much snow

Anything over 10k feet will likely still have snow. I think Imogene and Black Bear Pass opened fully on July 4th weekend last year - maybe a few days after to give you an idea. Still some wheeling to do for sure, just be prepared to turn around.

Petzl88

Check out this website. The "pass status" is pretty accurate. You can find out other info on the forest service website too, or call one of the Jeep rental places in Silverton or Ouray. It shows that Engineer Pass is open to the top on the west side. I would go up there as the scenery is amazing. Imogene Pass is another awesome trail but it probably won't be open for at least another few weeks.

http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Jeep Bro 08

Check out this website. The "pass status" is pretty accurate. You can find out other info on the forest service website too, or call one of the Jeep rental places in Silverton or Ouray. It shows that Engineer Pass is open to the top on the west side. I would go up there as the scenery is amazing. Imogene Pass is another awesome trail but it probably won't be open for at least another few weeks.

http://www.bushducks.com/tripreps/passopen.htm

Thank you I'll check that out

Top Bottom