EVO Fascia with AEV Tire Carrier

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Thanks for the idea. I finished up the install last night. Added some flush mount SRM lights and will be installing the backup camera soon. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469990263.862878.jpg

JK Pleepleus

Really cool idea and great outcome, I'm still running the factory carrier and an Olympic frame cover, but like the look of the EVO with their d-ring mounts much better. Great job and glad you didn't weld anything, don't have one of those yet..:thumb:

USMC Wrangler

So if I have already cut the pass side frame rails to fit the EVO d-ring mounts, would this still work? I'm sticking with 35's and factory tire carrier for the foreseeable future, but have been wondering what tire carrier would work. Clearly the EVO carrier and corners would, but I like this option if possible in my situation.

tgoss

Yeah it would still work, the aev would just overhang the frame rail slightly but everything would still bolt right up.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Glad to see someone finally did this, looks so good and such a simple setup. I think I would have saw this before I mounted up my Evo carrier from my old rig, I would have seriously considered going this route instead.

Coloradan

Glad to see someone finally did this, looks so good and such a simple setup. I think I would have saw this before I mounted up my Evo carrier from my old rig, I would have seriously considered going this route instead.

Thanks man, it's holding up well so far. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472671605.171873.jpg

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
That came out great.
Are you doing the DIY camera or buying a kit? I need to get around to doing this.

Sorry for the delayed response. Check out the ERAUGrad writeup on this site. The flash at the dealer was $50, the camera and wiring (and wiring harness) was probably another $50 on Amazon. If you have a JKU then I recommend getting another length of coax cable and another adaptor (length of run is too much for the wiring that comes with the camera).

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
How does the AEV carrier go when the jeep's flexed out? Seeing as it locks into both the tailgate and the frame.

Coloradan

But what about the block on the tailgate that the supports the main tube of the tyre carrier

I haven't had any issues. The design of the carrier allows for lateral movement of the carrier tube where it attaches to the tailgate which prevents binding during flex
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472775135.882711.jpg

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
What did you use to mount your license plate through your spare tire? I was looking at the Evo one since it's adjustable, but figured I'd ask.

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I used the JKS one. It worked and was simple but there may be a better one out there

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1473966803.283438.jpg

It is mounted low so my backup camera is in a better place

2Cross

Caught the Bug
I bet that is better than the JKS one because mine barely fit at the longest length and slabs are deeper than my rock monsters

Top Bottom