New 2000 XJ Owner

tANNERRRR

I am the proud owner of a 2000 Cherokee Sport as of a month ago. My dad and I have a 1998 Wrangler TJ and we decided it was time for a second vehicle for trips. A Cherokee fits our needs perfectly because of the amount of extra space.

I started looking on Craigslist for an XJ and I found this one in Tucson, AZ. Long story short, a week later I drove 7 hours there and 7 hours back on a Friday to pick it up. It was a long day of driving but well worth it. I have always dreamed about having a Jeep with a Dynatrac axle in it ever since I found Wayalife on YouTube 3+ years ago, so when the previous owner told me it had a ProRock 44 in the front I was sold.

35" Goodyear MTR Kevlar Tires
Clayton Pro-Series 6.5" Long Arm
SpiderTrax 1.25" Wheel Spacers
Chrysler 8.25" Rear Axle - Alloy USA 29 spline shafts
Dynatrac ProRock 44 Front Axle - RCV axle shafts
4.88 Gears
ARB Lockers F/R

I don't have any updated pics but I had frame stiffeners, rock sliders, and a small aluminum transfer case skid plate fabbed/installed.
Installed a JCR offroad gas tank skid plate

En route...
Rockhard 4x4 Rear bumper/tire carrier and a spare 35" tire.

IMG_4790.jpg IMG_4739.jpg IMG_4740.jpg IMG_4741.jpg IMG_4777.jpg IMG_4778.jpg IMG_4791.jpg IMG_4792.jpg IMG_4798.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4743.jpg
    IMG_4743.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4757.jpg
    IMG_4757.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_4765.jpg
    IMG_4765.jpg
    125.7 KB · Views: 218
  • IMG_4767.jpg
    IMG_4767.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_4768.jpg
    IMG_4768.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 227

dillard09

Great looking XJ! With that setup I'm sure that is a very capable rig.
Welcome to the family from Hermosa Beach!

WJCO

Meme King
I don't think the price is that high. Comes with a ProRock, lockers, already re-geared, longarm lift kit, and 35s, with only 100k on it. I think that price is reasonable myself.

swampdog

I don't think the price is that high. Comes with a ProRock, lockers, already re-geared, longarm lift kit, and 35s, with only 100k on it. I think that price is reasonable myself.

Agree. That rig easily has $11k worth of life left in it.

thardy

Banned

That's about what I was thinking. I've seen less built and more ragged XJs go for $7-8k in my area.

tANNERRRR

Thanks guys. I didn't think the price was high at all. After searching craigslist for a couple weeks I decided that was a great deal. I was originally trying to buy a red XJ that had a a rebuilt motor, a few dents, salvage title (owner claimed a bent front axle from previous owner), but it was on 37's with a Dana 60 in the rear and a 44 in the front...which was going for $15,000. But I'm glad the guy sold it before I got it because it would have been too much vehicle for what I need.

thardy

Banned
I guess. I'm just saying cause I paid $3500 for my '01 XJ and it has all the stuff minus the lockers and pr44

It all depends on the market and how badly someone wants to get rid of it. You might have just gotten lucky with yours. In the Atlanta area, an XJ with those mods would be every bit of $11k, if not closer to $15k. I see XJs go for $6-7k all day long that are junk and don't understand why people pay it. And situations like that drive the price of a good rig up.

IgotaWoody39

There's a shop in Va. that rebuilds low mileage cherokees with 6 diff stages of builds,,,,davis autosports,,,,their getting good doe for what their doing,,,,, but, again its all what yur willing to pay, whether its craigslist or not....the site will atleast give some ideas as to the direction of a build for yur cherokee....

I just picked up a 2001 xj with oil pressure problems,,,

Congrats !! Great find, !!!

thardy

Banned
There's a shop in Va. that rebuilds low mileage cherokees with 6 diff stages of builds,,,,davis autosports,,,,their getting good doe for what their doing,,,,, but, again its all what yur willing to pay, whether its craigslist or not....the site will atleast give some ideas as to the direction of a build for yur cherokee....

I just picked up a 2001 xj with oil pressure problems,,,

Congrats !! Great find, !!!

Just checked out their website. People are actually paying those prices!? $11,500 for a 3" lift package, good lord. Does that include the actual Jeep?

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom