RAGNAROK - Mojave Sand Build

xxJWPxx

Getting ready to re-gear within the next few weeks. Still debating between 4.56 or 4.88. It's my daily driver but I rarely see the freeway or hit 70+mphs so I'm leaning toward the 4.88's. Any opinion's on gearing are welcome.

Also, ordered ARB Diff Covers today for front and rear to be installed when I re-gear. I hated paying so much for them but I kept going back to how much I like the way they look vs. the other diff covers on the market. Plus I just sold some motorcycle gear to fund Jeep parts so it felt easier on the wallet.

aldaman

Getting ready to re-gear within the next few weeks. Still debating between 4.56 or 4.88. It's my daily driver but I rarely see the freeway or hit 70+mphs so I'm leaning toward the 4.88's. Any opinion's on gearing are welcome.

Also, ordered ARB Diff Covers today for front and rear to be installed when I re-gear. I hated paying so much for them but I kept going back to how much I like the way they look vs. the other diff covers on the market. Plus I just sold some motorcycle gear to fund Jeep parts so it felt easier on the wallet.

Since you mentioned rarely going 70mph, I would go with 4.88s. That would give you that extra uuummmppphhh when rolling on 35s and help if you add extra weight (from accessories, etc). 4.56 would just give you back stock performance. I would rather get the added torque from the 4.88s :beer:

xxJWPxx

Picked up my Jeep from the gear shop today after getting Yukon 4.88 gears installed along with ARB Diff covers front and rear. Now the fun part of breaking the gears in before I can really test them out.

IMG_7186.jpg

IMG_7182.jpg

IMG_7190.jpg

IMG_7187.jpg

xxJWPxx

Re-posting this since it was a casualty of Monday's site issues.

Pulled off my plastic rear bumper to get an idea of what the Jeep would look like if I decided to run EVO Rear Bumper Fascia. I think I'll leave it bumper less for now and maybe do a front bumper chop to hold me over until I get going on Phase II of my build.

No Rear 3.jpg

No rear 4.jpg

xxJWPxx

Picked up a new sawzall and had to test it out. Bumper chop seemed like an appropriate test run. I'm pretty happy with the result and this will definitely work until I get new bumpers sometime next year.

IMG_7623.jpg

IMG_7621.JPG

xxJWPxx

Xmas came a little early this year starting off with EVO Rear Fascia and D-Ring Mounts. The flag nut on the drivers side was a PITA to get in through the frame since the opening was too small. I had to bend it a bit and pound in the flag nut. I took the advice I saw somewhere online from Drew about having the flag nut face out and cutting. Still need to cut that piece but it definitely made for an easier install.

Today I prepped the front bumper to install the EVO Quarter Pounder sometime hopefully this week. Pulled the stock plastic one off and cut the crash bar wit the sawzall. Filed it and hit the rough edges with some paint and primer.

Here are a few pics of the rear with the Fascia installed.

evo rear 1.jpg

evo rear 2.jpg

evo rear 3.jpg

xxJWPxx

Installed the EVO vacuum relocation bracket and EVO Quarter Pounder with Stinger yesterday. I still need to drill out the top holes on the bumper for the stinger. My current drill is crap so I'll need to get a better one for that :D

Winch to come later. Leaning towards the Warn M-8000S. I Picked up a Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead to fill the hole for the winch line and for a bit of a cleaner look while I'm without winch. I'd like to mount some DOT fog lights on the bumper using the factory fog wiring and switch. Does anyone know of any good options for that? Are there any plug-and-play options?

vac pump.jpg

QP box.jpg

QP Front.jpg

WJCO

Meme King
I'd like to mount some DOT fog lights on the bumper using the factory fog wiring and switch. Does anyone know of any good options for that? Are there any plug-and-play options?

What would you do with your original fog lights? Just leave them there? Keep in mind that any lights you wire into that circuit will not work when your brights are turned on, just an FYI.

xxJWPxx

What would you do with your original fog lights? Just leave them there? Keep in mind that any lights you wire into that circuit will not work when your brights are turned on, just an FYI.

The original fogs are gone (still in the stock bumper). The Quarter Pounder doesn't have holes to mount them in. The OEM fog light plugs/wiring is vacant right now. I'd be looking for a light set up that I can plug into the OEM plugs that are not in use currently.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Some guys on here have used the hi-lift jack mounts in the front to retrofit Dually's into. Or you can mount on the top of the bumper at the corners. Either way, you'll probably have to extend your factory wiring to trigger them on and I'd still use the battery as my source of power. No need to run through a Switchpros or Painless setup since you're using the factory fog light switch to activate them.

JSTJPN

Installed the EVO vacuum relocation bracket and EVO Quarter Pounder with Stinger yesterday. I still need to drill out the top holes on the bumper for the stinger. My current drill is crap so I'll need to get a better one for that :D

Winch to come later. Leaning towards the Warn M-8000S. I Picked up a Factor 55 Hawse Fairlead to fill the hole for the winch line and for a bit of a cleaner look while I'm without winch. I'd like to mount some DOT fog lights on the bumper using the factory fog wiring and switch. Does anyone know of any good options for that? Are there any plug-and-play options?

View attachment 233777

View attachment 233778

View attachment 233779
I wired in a pair of 4 inch LEDs on mine and they work just like the OEM fog lights. But if you want to go plug and play, quadratec has some.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

xxJWPxx

Some guys on here have used the hi-lift jack mounts in the front to retrofit Dually's into. Or you can mount on the top of the bumper at the corners. Either way, you'll probably have to extend your factory wiring to trigger them on and I'd still use the battery as my source of power. No need to run through a Switchpros or Painless setup since you're using the factory fog light switch to activate them.

Definitely wanting to use the battery as power source and factory fog switch to turn them on. I'm thinking the top corners or EVO fairlead light bracket.

xxJWPxx

I wired in a pair of 4 inch LEDs on mine and they work just like the OEM fog lights. But if you want to go plug and play, quadratec has some.

Sent from my VS990 using WAYALIFE mobile app

I'll have to check Quadratec out and see what they have. Would prefer to go plug and play but not opposed the wiring a set in if needed.

Top Bottom